cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Galaxy Gear Active 2 Features

dirtdad
Underground

I have read many times about the solution to start Pandora on the phone, then see controls on the watch. I am doing this, it works ok. I am doing this using the generic music player widget. It gives a lot of information this way like track art, artist, forward, rewind, etc. But it does not seem to provide features like thumbs up / thumbs down, station selection, etc. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S21 and Galaxy Gear Active 2. Are those controls not available with the generic music app? Is there some other music player widget that can control Pandora and provide additional features?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dirtdad. 👋

Sorry for the trouble with this.

If you are having trouble with the controls on your smartwatch, please try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone.

Also, could you confirm which operating system you're using on your Galaxy Gear 2? Are you using Wear OS?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dirtdad
Underground
Galaxy watches are Tizen, not Gear OS.

Regards,
*Dennis Ordiway*
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dirtdad. 👋

Thanks for confirming as Pandora does not support Wear OS and the app is no longer available for download in the Google Play Store. 

Some of those features may not be available for use as individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application causing certain devices like your Samsung Galaxy Gear Active 2 watch to lack some features. At this time, there wouldn't be an additional music player widget to assist with those types of controls or provide additional features.

In the meantime, you may be interested in upvoting this existing feature request here: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

I hope this information helps clarify. Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos