cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android-Google Assistant: Requesting existing station creates new station instead

NoThankYou1234
Local Performer

I use pandora when driving. I have multiple stations that I have added variety to. The stations are typically named "band name" + "radio" or "song name" + "radio" (for instance, "Tina Turner Radio").

When I use the Google assistant "Hey, Google!", and I ask it to "play Tina Turner Radio", it won't play the station I already have, it will create a new station. Meaning all my thumbs up aren't there, my added variety isn't there, and I have to go in later and delete the new station.

There must be a way to make sure Pandora actually chooses a station that's already in my collection, rather than trying to create a new station.

I hope this makes sense. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @NoThankYou1234 

Welcome to community!

Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening. I definitely understand how frustrating that can be, especially when driving.

I'm happy to pass your experience along to our engineering team for further review. Unfortunately, I don't believe any steps that I could provide you today would help resolve this.

I would also recommend sending feedback to Google through Google Assistant. The next time Google Assistant does not follow your intended voice command say, "Ok Google, file feedback".

This will send a diagnostic report to Google, which allows them to also review what may be happening.

In the meantime, I've passed this along to our engineering teams.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @NoThankYou1234 

Welcome to community!

Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening. I definitely understand how frustrating that can be, especially when driving.

I'm happy to pass your experience along to our engineering team for further review. Unfortunately, I don't believe any steps that I could provide you today would help resolve this.

I would also recommend sending feedback to Google through Google Assistant. The next time Google Assistant does not follow your intended voice command say, "Ok Google, file feedback".

This will send a diagnostic report to Google, which allows them to also review what may be happening.

In the meantime, I've passed this along to our engineering teams.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport