cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to Edit Thumbs / Stations

Jazina
Local Performer

I accidentally thumbs downed a song. How can I undo that because now the song wont play on the station. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Jazina!

I can definitely help you edit the Thumbs associated with your station.

If this happened during your current listening session, all you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted thumb icon.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the station's "backstage page" to make that change.

Here's how to edit thumbs from the backstage page:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
    • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's backstage page.
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  4. Scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs.
  5. Tap the (-) iOS or (X) Android beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove.

Hope this information is helpful! 📲

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Jazina!

I can definitely help you edit the Thumbs associated with your station.

If this happened during your current listening session, all you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted thumb icon.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the station's "backstage page" to make that change.

• If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's backstage page.
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station.
  5. Tap the (-) iOS or (X) Android beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove.

Hope this information is helpful! 📲

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

thomastra
Local Performer

My 20 year old grandson lived with me for some time and he put thumbprints on many songs thay do not fit my profile. How do I get rid of these?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @thomastra. 👋

I can definitely help you edit the Thumbs associated with your stations.

Here's how to edit thumbs 👍👎from the backstage page:

5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove.

++

If this occurs during a current listening session, all you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen, swipe the album art from left to right until you see the track you're looking for, and tap the highlighted thumb icon.

Hoping this information is helpful. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

thomastra
Local Performer

would it be easier for me to delete my account, open a new one and start over?

also, i cannot get offline listening to work on my S10. can you help?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thomastra The easiest would be to remove the thumb feedback that you no longer wish to have on certain stations, using the steps above. Since your account is upgraded to Plus, it would be harder to create a brand new account considering you already have an upgraded one with all of your stations on it. 

Alternatively, you can also delete the stations that weren't made by you. 

++

To listen offline from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this!

0 Kudos

jmoriart
Local Performer

Thanks. What does one do if the mistakenly "thumbs upped" tune is not in one's collection? Why can't the thumbs up and thumbs down lists be edited in one's profile? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jmoriart. 👋

In order to edit your thumb feedback, you would need to visit the station in which you gave the Thumbs Up or Down. 

Here's more information about how your feedback works, and how to edit thumbs.

Your profile shows a list of all thumbs up songs across all stations. Editing your thumb feedback from your profile isn't a feature of Pandora at this time. If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to create a feature request. 

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

xtendqi
Local Performer

I hold my cell phone in my left hand and find I accidentally hit the Thumbs Down button, forcing me to swipe right, so I can change my rating and listen to the song that was playing.  I want Pandora to move the Thumbs Down button so it can't be accidentally enabled.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @xtendqi. 👋

Sorry that happened during your listening session.

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Editing Thumbs Down on Android Device

In order to edit your Thumb feedback, I would recommend checking out my post about how to do this here.

If you'd like to have the ability to adjust the buttons (thumbs, play, etc) on your player, feel free to create a feature request.

*Be sure to upvote your idea by clicking on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the request.*

Hope to see you around the community more often! 😄

0 Kudos

xtendqi
Local Performer

I feel you hid my request in another issue that has already been resolved! No one will see my request to move the Thumbs Down button.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xtendqi Sorry for any confusion around merging your post into this thread. I'm happy to clarify.

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post to a support thread to assist with editing your thumbs after accidentally thumbing down a track.

Feature requests can be viewed by all members in the Feature Request section of the community. You can find that section of the community here.

0 Kudos

RpD
Local Performer

This is outdated for the webpage.  We have to click on the station/artist name to get to the background page to edit.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @RpD. 👋

Nice to see you around the community. This thread is for Android mobile and tablet devices if you're using the Pandora app.

If you're using a web browser, the steps are listed below.

To un-thumb a track during your current listening session:

• Click on Now Playing in the upper left.
  • Hover your cursor over the album art and click View Session History.
  • Click the highlighted Thumb icon under the track you'd like to edit.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to edit that Thumb from the station's detail page.

To do that:

• Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available on your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a page which shows you information about your personalized station.

If you'd like to edit your station's name or description, click on the small pencil icon to the left of the play button. If you are a Pandora Premium subscriber, click the ellipsis to the right of the play button and select Edit Station. Keep in mind that once you enter "edit station" mode, you'll need to save your changes when you're done.

• Otherwise, you can edit your Thumbed up or Thumbed down tracks, by scrolling down to the Thumb History of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbed down tracks, click on the Thumbs down icon.

To delete a Thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). Select Delete to remove that Thumb from your station.

Let me know if you have any additional trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Tammy819
Local Performer

Hello. Thank you for posting this.   I am a Pandora Plus listener. I do not see a small "i" on my Android app.  The desktop app has an "i" (Info & Options) choice, but then there is no little "pencil" next to any button.  And there aren't any other paths to lead me to editing any thumbs options.  I also checked the web version and cannot find any way to view my Thumbs Down list.  

****UPDATE SOLUTION**** (Pandora Plus)

For anyone as frustrated as I was.... go to the WEB SITE (Pandora.com), and do THIS:

1. Pandora.com

2. Log In

3. Click on "My Collection" (top left)

4. Choose  (click on) Station where you want to edit the Thumbs] 

5. SCROLL DOWN until you see "Thumb History"

6. Look to the right and you'll see a blue highlight around a "Thumbs UP" icon (with a number of songs you've given Thumbs Up).    CLICK ON THE THUMBS DOWN Icon.  It will turn blue (highlighted).  

7. Look for the song you want to "undo". Hover your mouse over the song and 3 DOTS will appear on the far right.  Click on those dots and the option to "Delete" will appear.

8. Delete that song from the Thumbs Down list.   I assume this deletes the song from the Thumbs Down LIST and not from your station.

I hope this helps someone else. 

0 Kudos

Storyrussell
Local Performer

I deleted a song a while back that I want now but I dont know the song name or who sung it so can I do anything about that or am i out of luck i just know it was a old country song

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Storyrussell. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

Did you give this song a Thumbs Down 👎on one of your stations? If so, you can edit your Thumb feedback for that specific station.

5. Tap the 'X' beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove.

Thumbed Down songs that have this rating removed will go back in the neutral pot and should play on your station again in the future.

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

AngelaRose81
Local Performer

Thank you this helped a lot. I was irritated with figuring out the process. Google is not too helpful with this

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear this was helpful, @AngelaRose81. 😁

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! 

0 Kudos

MusicFan0818
Local Performer

Because the Pandora UI **ahem**.  They have buried menus so deep you cannot manage your songs list.  Any thumbs up or thumbs down is basically for eternity.

0 Kudos