cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to view queue with Premium

deafInOneEye
Local Performer

It's possible that I'm the stupidest person in the world, but I cannot find where to view the queue in the app.

Google says "You can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist)."

But on my phone, there's nothing to click as far as I can tell...

Is this a pebkac error?

Please let me know. 

🙂

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

deafInOneEye
Local Performer

Hi, @AlyssaPandora, thanks for the response :-).

It turns out I had a terminology problem: every time I hit shuffle on a playlist, the app would start from the same point in the list, and play the songs in the same order. 

When I tapped on the now playing song menu, it showed me the song on the playlist - I thought this was the queue :-). Now I see that the queue is a separate object, which doesn't exist until you expressly add something to it. 

Starting a different list or station and then shuffling the other list works. 

Quick comment: I think it would be better functionality if starting a playlist added tracks to the queue or built a new one: it's probably four lines of code and would offer more user control and, no: this isn't me eating my sour grapes :-).

Thanks again, and do have a peep at deafInOneEye.com when you have a moment - I promise you at least one smile. 

Cheers, 

e.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @deafInOneEye. 👋

Thanks for visiting the Pandora Community!

As a Pandora Premium listener, you can queue individual songs, albums, playlists or stations to play next.

That is correct - you can view your queue from the Now Playing screen, either below track details (if you're listening to a station) or below the tracklist (if you're listening to an album or playlist).

• To add to your queue, either "long press" an item or tap the corresponding ellipsis and then select Add to Queue.
  • Keep in mind that if you add a station to your queue, it will play continuously until you manually move to the next item in your queue.

Here's a screenshot of what the queue should look like within the app under one of my playlists:

img_4577.jpg

If you're not seeing a queue after adding songs, could you share what you're seeing?

When sharing a photo on community: You can include your screenshot directly in your post on community. This is best done through a web or mobile browser by clicking on the camera icon in the text editor. You will not be able to share a photo through the email notification you may receive.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.16.24)
0 Kudos

deafInOneEye
Local Performer

Hi, @AlyssaPandora, thanks for the response :-).

It turns out I had a terminology problem: every time I hit shuffle on a playlist, the app would start from the same point in the list, and play the songs in the same order. 

When I tapped on the now playing song menu, it showed me the song on the playlist - I thought this was the queue :-). Now I see that the queue is a separate object, which doesn't exist until you expressly add something to it. 

Starting a different list or station and then shuffling the other list works. 

Quick comment: I think it would be better functionality if starting a playlist added tracks to the queue or built a new one: it's probably four lines of code and would offer more user control and, no: this isn't me eating my sour grapes :-).

Thanks again, and do have a peep at deafInOneEye.com when you have a moment - I promise you at least one smile. 

Cheers, 

e.