cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Larger playlists don't finish downloading

Rob_Bekker
Opening Act

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Not completely re-downloading the larger playlists. They hang up part way into the download, and just sit there.

• Model:  Galaxy S20 5G
  • Carrier: ATT
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): TP1A220624.014.G981USQSAHXG1
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): August 1,2024
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number. 2408.1 Tuner 24081003

Other Info:

Space Available on phone: 30Gb

Space Pandora is taking: Data 12.15Gb* (Yes Gigabytes) total 12.49Gb 

*This is after removing all offline playlists.  I'm thinking there's a residual file left on the phone so each new DL playlist adds a playable file and retains a duplicate when the the files are removed.  

How do I clean out those excess files? Clearing the Cache did NOT reduce the data size.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Rob_Bekker 

Thanks for the info. I created a new thread for you based on your description. It sounds like this is specifically happening with larger playlist that fail to download fully.

Can you provide an example of a playlist that this is happening with?

In the meantime, to address the space you mentioned, you can try removing the Pandora data from the Settings tab within your Android. Please note when these steps are completed you may need to re-download your offline content.

Steps to remove the Pandora data:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Rob_Bekker
Opening Act

Specifically on my account, I'm trying to re-download my offline playlist called "research1" ~488 songs, and "best of the best" ~4990 songs.  Both only partially download.  Clearing the Data was my last ditch option, but even if that works it doesn't solve the problem of why its occurring.  It also puts my "thumb up" ~3500 song playlist in jeopardy since that one is the only playlist that's currently working.  If clearing the data doesn't work, and the files still don't downlead after its cleared, then I wont have the one remaining offline playlist i currently still have access to.  I do NOT want to have to re-create those playlists.  

Please let me know what WILL work, not what you think MIGHT work.  Re-downloading the content is what's CAUSING the problem.  The initial DL works fine, it's only when i try to re-download is when its hanging up.  

0 Kudos