cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Launching App Switches to Telemundo App

davidparks21
Local Performer

This started a few weeks ago. When I open Pandora on Android, a few seconds to a minute after I open it, the pandora App switches opens the Telemundo website. As if I clicked on an Ad. Though Telemundo isn't the ad showing, nor did I click anywhere in the Pandora app. I've tried reinstalling Pandora to no avail. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @davidparks21. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I haven't seen any other mentions of this issue around the community space. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening, and in case we need to share this with our engineering team for further review.

Let's try running through these steps while the trace is enabled: Android Troubleshooting

If you're able to get a screenshot of what happens, this would be helpful too.

Let me know if those steps help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Bonzo_1116
Local Performer

The same thing happens on mine, too.  If I try to back out of the telemundo window it shuts down the pandora.  If I just let the phone alone, the pandora keeps playing in the background, but I can't give a thumbs up on a track.

Bonzo_1116
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210923-111244_One UI Home.jpg

 it's got the pandora confused with telemundo on my live apps list

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the screenshot, @Bonzo_1116. This is helpful!

It looks like the app may be cached.  From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

cancer1385
Underground

I have been having the same issue for a long time. It's actually getting worse. Telemundo keeps opening, I closed the telemundo app and it pops up again. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cancer1385. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

It looks like the app may be cached. I'll repost some steps that I shared with another community member having trouble with this.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

cancer1385
Underground

Screenshot_20220108-172722_One UI Home.jpg

 I DID followed your suggestion. IT ONLY worked for the first time opening the app. The issue came up again on just the second trial.  PLEASE GET SOMEONE that can fix this BUG. IS annoying and its not letting us use the APP 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cancer1385. 👋

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device so I can pass this info along to our engineers?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

cancer1385
Underground

There, model and carrier shouldn't matter. As you can see there are many users with the same issue. The telemundo Deportes app keep opening. 

Screenshot_20220122-125950_Settings.jpg

0 Kudos

cancer1385
Underground

Wi-Fi or not , same issue. If they have an email I can directly give them more information to fix this. 

Screenshot_20220122-130049_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @cancer1385. 👋

Thanks for following up with the requested information and for your feedback. I've shared this information with them on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

cancer1385
Underground

DID YOU GET ANY UPDATES ??? HOW CAN THAT BE FIXED ? 

0 Kudos

Dannyr302
Local Performer

The same exact thing happens to me.  It happened for along time with my Galaxy S8.  I got the Galaxy S21 today and the same thing happened the very first time I opened the Pandora app.  A fix has to be created for this issue.  

cancer1385
Underground

no news ??

0 Kudos

cancer1385
Underground

thank you for NO FOLLOWING UP with this issue. 

Issue still unresolved.  #TELEMUNDO APP  keeps opening.

No emails / answers from PANDORA as of today.

0 Kudos