cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Launching App Switches to Telemundo App

davidparks21
Local Performer

This started a few weeks ago. When I open Pandora on Android, a few seconds to a minute after I open it, the pandora App switches opens the Telemundo website. As if I clicked on an Ad. Though Telemundo isn't the ad showing, nor did I click anywhere in the Pandora app. I've tried reinstalling Pandora to no avail. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @davidparks21. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I haven't seen any other mentions of this issue around the community space. In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening, and in case we need to share this with our engineering team for further review.

Let's try running through these steps while the trace is enabled: Android Troubleshooting

If you're able to get a screenshot of what happens, this would be helpful too.

Let me know if those steps help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Bonzo_1116
Local Performer

The same thing happens on mine, too.  If I try to back out of the telemundo window it shuts down the pandora.  If I just let the phone alone, the pandora keeps playing in the background, but I can't give a thumbs up on a track.

0 Kudos

Bonzo_1116
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210923-111244_One UI Home.jpg

 it's got the pandora confused with telemundo on my live apps list

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for the screenshot, @Bonzo_1116. This is helpful!

It looks like the app may be cached.  From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos