cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Lock screen switching on uncontrollably

Silverback87
Underground

Recently, my phone started to have the lock screen pop up suddenly and switch to a blank screen back and forth uncontrollably.  The only way to stop it was to restart.  After several days of research, I started removing apps to see if a certain app was causing this issue.  When I removed Pandora, the issue went away.  After a few days, I reinstalled Pandora and the issue came back.  I have a Moto G 2022 running Android 12.  Has anyone else seen this and more importantly, is there a known fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Silverback87. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, and sorry to hear this is happening. 

You mentioned restarting your device; have you tried clearing the app data to see if that helps?

You can find those steps here: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Disable Battery Optimization:

You can also try disabling your battery optimization to see if this has an impact. When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

++

Device Details:

If none of these options resolve your issue, I'd like to report your experience to our tech team.

It's helpful to know the following details about your device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

View solution in original post

14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Silverback87. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, and sorry to hear this is happening. 

You mentioned restarting your device; have you tried clearing the app data to see if that helps?

You can find those steps here: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Disable Battery Optimization:

You can also try disabling your battery optimization to see if this has an impact. When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

++

Device Details:

If none of these options resolve your issue, I'd like to report your experience to our tech team.

It's helpful to know the following details about your device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Silverback87
Underground

Hi Alyssa, I have tried clearing the app data along with all other apps I have.  I also tried updating the battery management in my phone but still had the issue.

• Model: Moto G Power (2022)
  • Carrier: Xfinity
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 12
  • Pandora version: 2310.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Happens for both
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? No
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback, @Silverback87.

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me and for providing those about your device. I will pass this along to the appropriate party on your behalf. 🎧

Silverback87
Underground

I am not sure what happened but all is working well after I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Cheers

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for letting me know, @Silverback87. Sounds like you're all set now.

Hope you enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Silverback87
Underground

Oh well, the issue is back. One week trouble free but now my phone flashes to the lock screen and is not usable until I shut down/restart.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Silverback87 Thanks for letting us know.

I will make sure to update our engineering team with this info.

Thanks again for your patience.

0 Kudos

Silverback87
Underground

Thanks, I will reload the Pandora app to see how long it will go.  Cheers and happy New year.

EliDE
Local Performer

The same thing has been happening to my Moto g too. The difference is that it happens when I'm using Chromecast with YouTube or Prime Video. It takes me into a lock screen loop that forces me to restart. It's been going on for over a month now. I'm starting to wonder if this is a moto thing...

0 Kudos

Silverback87
Underground

I'm sorry to hear that but also glad I'm not the only one.  I use YouTube about as much as I use Pandora but it only happens to me using Pandora. It happened again today.  This time I just restarted my phone, started Pandora and it worked fine for my 25 minute ride home. Thanks for adding to this. Perhaps one day it will be resolved or we get new phones. Cheers

0 Kudos

EliDE
Local Performer

I think I fixed it on YouTube (but it's also happening on Prime Video). Check your Pandora app permissions. My phone periodically removes permissions when an app isn't being used. I turned on location permission in the app settings and YouTube stopped glitching. It could be a fluke but it's worth a try. 🍀

Silverback87
Underground

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot

Thanks again 👍.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing that helpful tip, @EliDE. 👍

Feel free to let us know how that works for you, @Silverback87

0 Kudos

Silverback87
Underground

Well, enabling location was worth the shot but didn't work.  I restarted my phone and disabled location for Pandora. Will see how long it will take this time. Cheers.

0 Kudos