cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: No Option to Remove Song from Playlist

Jawntee
Local Performer

There's no way to remove songs from a playlist on the android mobile app. I can go to a song in a playlist, I can 'share it', 'collect it' 'start station', 'add to playlist' (even though it's already on my playlist) and 'add to queue'.... but I cannot 'remove song from the playlist'. Why would you omit the 'remove song from playlist' option here? I have to go to a PC and use the website to remove songs from my playlists.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Net
Local Performer

Edit button works. I never saw that one.  It's on the far left. Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jawntee. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

We have the option to edit your playlist in order to remove songs. 

To delete songs or to make any other changes to your playlist:

• Go to the playlist and tap the Edit icon below the album art.
    • To remove songs scroll down and press ( - ) iOS or ( X ) Android to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
  • Tap Done (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

If you're still having trouble, could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Net
Local Performer

Edit button works. I never saw that one.  It's on the far left. Thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Net. 👋

Glad to hear those steps worked for you.

Let me know if anything else pops up. In the meantime, happy listening 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Jortego
Local Performer

There really should be an easier way from the song itself. Having to navigate to your playlist and scroll and scroll until you find the song to remove it, is way too much. 

B237638E-663F-426B-AA0E-75492C13D0EB.png

 If the song is playing from the playlist, and you expand the song menu, there should be a button here to remove it from the playlist. We shouldn’t have to navigate back to the playlist screen and scroll through tons of songs. I’ve tried several ways to do this and there is no easy way. Please add the functionality 

Shell0515
Local Performer

Hi! I am having the same issue of not being able to delete anything on my android app. There is no edit button on the left side anywhere.

Screenshot_20230512_205722_Pandora.jpg

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shell0515 It doesn't look like that is actually in your collection (the Collect icon still shows the + symbol).

Can you please send me another screenshot of where you are seeing that in your collection?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

You have to swipe-left on the song in the playlist to delete it... kind of a 'hidden' function; took me a hot minute to figure it out as well.  I agree it should be in the action menu for the song.