cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Not Receiving Ad Free Uninterrupted Hour

ahnafield
Local Performer

After clicking on ads free for 1 hour, and listening to that 30sec ad to start the 1 hour, I still get the 15s ads during that 1 hour. What's going on?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ahnafield. 👋

Sorry to hear that this happened. 

Once the sponsored ad activity has been completed, a bar should appear across your screen indicating the advertiser who is providing the free hour. You can (X) out of any additional visuals. Although the bar indicator is a visual ad, there should be no other video or audio ads during that time.

Keep in mind also that when you engage in an hour of uninterrupted listening through an offer by one of our advertisers, the hour expires one hour from the time you accepted the offer, regardless of how much you listened during that hour.

++

I'd like to gather more details about your experience, it's helpful to know:

• What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  • How were you accessing Pandora when you received the offer? If on a mobile phone, iPhone or Android?
  • Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?
  • What time of day did you receive the offer?
  • Did the ad ask you to watch a video, swipe through a gallery of photos, or rotate an image?
  • After doing the activity, did you hear a voice say "your uninterrupted listening starts now" or did you see a black bar saying "Uninterrupted Listening" appear above your album art?

Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

ahnafield
Local Performer

-Not any 1 specific ad. Just whatever popped up. Usually is 2 of them each for 15sec. They are just like the ads that pop up when I haven't selected the 1 hour uninterrupted option.

-using android phone

-i was using the shuffle option

-occurs during the day, anytime

-ads didn't ask for anything nor say anything about the uninterrupted play. Just a regular ad.

-it usually just doesn't happen once during the hour. Many times I will get 3-4 occurrences during the 1 hour. Usually 2 ads at a time, each is 15sec.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information, @ahnafield

If this happens again, feel free to post a screenshot of the ad you notice. I can add this to the internal ticket with our engineering team. I've reported this on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Irishelios
Local Performer

I haven't been getting my hr of free music from the adds that day they will. Anyone else have this problem?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Irishelios I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Not Receiving Ad Free Uninterrupted Hour

Once the sponsored ad activity has been completed, a bar should appear across your screen indicating the advertiser who is providing the free hour. You can (X) out of any additional visuals. Although the bar indicator is a visual ad, there should be no other video or audio ads during that time.

Keep in mind also that when you engage in an hour of uninterrupted listening through an offer by one of our advertisers, the hour expires one hour from the time you accepted the offer, regardless of how much you listened during that hour.

++

• What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  • How were you accessing Pandora when you received the offer? If on a mobile phone, iPhone or Android?
  • Did the ad ask you to watch a video, swipe through a gallery of photos, or rotate an image?
  • After doing the activity, did you hear a voice say "your uninterrupted listening starts now" or did you see a black bar saying "Uninterrupted Listening" appear above your album art?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

Sierrab156
Local Performer

Why am I getting commercials during my "uninterrupted hour."

I have been getting regular commercial breaks during my uninterrupted hour! What's up with that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sierrab156 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Not Receiving Ad Free Uninterrupted Hour

++

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos