cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline Songs Repeating

scotth19
Underground

Just finished mowing my lawn. I bounce in and out of wifi range so I just listen offline.  Here's my song list:

Toosie Slide - Drake

Song

Song

Song

Song

Song

Song

Song

Song

Song

Toosie Slide - Drake

Song

Toosie Slide - Drake

Toosie Slide - Drake

Song

Toosie Slide - Drake

Toosie Slide - Drake

Song

Song

Toosie Slide - Drake

While I'm Drake fan this is a bit much.  I've gone online and told Pandora I'm tired of this song but to no avail.  It's been a lot of Toosie Slide lately.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @scotth19. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing repetition with this specific track.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What offline station are you listening to when this song pops up?

Also, have you thumbed down the song while in offline mode?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

scotth19
Underground

The station is "Today's Hits".  I have not thumbed down the song.  I like Drakes music and I'm concerned I'll get less of it going forward.  I'ts just this song that's been repetitive.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scotth19 Thanks for clarifying that info. I completely understand where you're coming from.

To prevent your stations from becoming too repetitive, we periodically refresh your offline stations based on your online listening habits and the Thumb feedback you give. Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy.

While listening offline, it's important to continue giving feedback in the form of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down. The next time you connect to Pandora through Wi-Fi or a mobile network, we will use that info to personalize and replace the offline tracks with new ones. Giving the track a Thumbs Down in offline mode shouldn't affect you hearing Drake on your station. To prevent artists from playing on your station, you would need to give a consistent Thumbs Down.

++

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps below.

I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process for your offline stations. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Let me know if this helps! 📲

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

scotth19
Underground

Thanks for getting back to me Alyssa.  I did that before and ended up in the same situation.  I just walked through the steps listed again and we'll see if that fixes my issue.  Will keep you posted.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @scotth19

I appreciate you sticking with me on this.

Let me know how it goes when you have an update. 👍

0 Kudos

scotth19
Underground

Listened for a couple hours the other day while traveling.  Same situation.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scotth19 'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

scotth19
Underground
  • Model:  Moto g6
  • Carrier: Tracfone (Verizon Network)
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): PPSS29.118-15-11-9
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): February 1, 2020
  • Pandora version:  2004.2.1  (ANDROID-TURNER 2004.2.1RC3)
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?  I have not.  App was working perfectly before this issue with the one song started.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for getting back to me with this information, @scotth19.

I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team for further review. Appreciate your patience while they look into this! 

0 Kudos

Ddavis2109
Local Performer
  • Schuffle will not play ALL songs before repeats. I have the premium plan. Samsung A50 android 11. How can i play all my songs offline before they repeat???  Help!!!
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ddavis2109 I moved your post over to this existing thread; Android: Offline Songs Repeating

To clarify, are you sorting your Offline downloads by Songs, and selecting Shuffle when songs begin to repeat?

Or are you listening to one of the downloaded playlists you created when tracks repeat before cycling through all songs that you've added to it?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Ddavis2109
Local Performer

Im in offline mode. My collections. Songs. Shuffle.

The first scenario. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ddavis2109 Thanks for following up.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

Please try running through the troubleshooting steps listed here: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If tracks continue to repeat in Offline Mode, can you please grab a screenshot of the track that repeats, and make note of the date and time that it played more than once in your Offline session?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos