cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora App Won't Open

brigos65
Local Performer

I have been using this app for ever, and all of a sudden the app will not open any more!! Uninstalled, and reinstalled the app and the same thing! Checked settings.. is it Pandora????

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @footballbat @Artms.  Sounds like you're back to listening with the newest update. 

If you noticed anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

24 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @brigos65👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

What happens when you attempt to open the Pandora app? Does it crash or freeze?

Are you receiving any error messages when this happens? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

Have you tried running through the standard steps? If not, please try out the following: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Tayk47
Underground

I've had pandora so long my account is set up with an AOL email. For the past few days the app does not work. I have Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted my phone, cleared my data, changed my battery settings,  changed the quality settings and every other step in the troubleshooting message. **ahem** IS GOING ON?!?!?! Also your "if this doesn't work use this link for help" is trash for mobile. 

I've had the same issue for days, followed all of the troubleshooting instructions and it only opens once. If I close it I have to go through the entire process all over again. 

mod edit: merged comments

DodgeluvnMama
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue on my samsung s10, I've uninstalled and re-installed, cleared data and cache, restarted the phone, it won't load the app with or without wifi on. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @DodgeluvnMama @Tayk47. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Pandora App Won't Open

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? Or, any other notable patterns / information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

DodgeluvnMama
Local Performer

Samsung s10, AT&T, Android 12, Pandora 2203.1 (Android-Tuner 22031001), it happens with or without wifi on, no error msg - just the P blip then it says cancel or re-try. I have to close Pandora, clear the cache, restart the phone then it will open. But if I have to close the app again, I have to clear the cache and restart the phone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't help. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for getting back to me with that information, @DodgeluvnMama. I've shared this on an internal ticket with our engineering team for you.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

footballbat
Opening Act

This exact same problem is being reported under the thread "Waiting to connect." Still not resolved after over 2 weeks.

Artms
Underground

Same problem on S10e 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Artms Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Artms
Underground

It never opens just pulses. It started a week or so ago. I have done all suggestions like others. When I download and install I log in and it connects but only then. It will not reconnect unless I uninstall and reinstall and will only do it once. Only one time it connected when with the OK Google open pandora.

I also recently bought a car and subscribed to Sirius so I could use the Pandora. 
Thanks for your effort. BTW my phone updated about a week ago. This occurs with WIFI or Verizon mobile data. Doesn't matter.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Artms Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Have you noticed any error messages? Or, any other notable patterns / information?

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Artms
Underground
Hi. Android version 12. I can't open Pandora but I just downloaded it so it's  current.TY

It's version 12 and whatever the current Pandora is since I installed a new download.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

Pekoninja
Local Performer

Same issue, started after last update about two weeks ago like everyone else is reporting. App pulses, had opened once or twice after being patient but nothing past few days. Samsung S21 ultra also fully updated. Can't even log in anywhere to cancel my premium because I keep being redirected to the app

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Artms @Pekoninja. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experiences, and sorry for the trouble. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are currently working on this. When I have an update regarding this, I will post on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Artms
Underground
Thank you!

footballbat
Opening Act

2204.1 has been working past 2 days.

Artms
Underground

HolyMoly IT WORKS!!!! TY😁

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @footballbat @Artms.  Sounds like you're back to listening with the newest update. 

If you noticed anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. In the meantime, happy listening! 🎧

eric92315
Underground

Pandora opens to show the P and then closes. Already tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing cache and data.  Odd thing is that OneDrive is also experiencing the same problem.  No other apps are having this issue.

My phone is a new release so I'm hoping that it's just that and an update will soon fix the issue. Thanks for your help.

Model: Nokia XR21
Carrier: T-Mobile
Android version: 12, security update March 5, 2023
Pandora version: 2305.1
Connected to Wifi and cellular

0 Kudos