cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora Won't Finish Downloading an Album

Neros593
Local Performer

For whatever reason, my Pandora app won't finish downloading a particular album. I've gone through the entire Android Troubleshooting article and am getting the same result.

I've tried:

• clearing data in app settings
  • made sure app is installed in local memory
  • made sure audio quality is set to normal
  • made sure no battery optimization was happening (both for the app and in general on the phone)
  • ensured that there were no background process restrictions
  • I have over 170 GB of free space in local storage on my phone.

After trying all these things I get the same results: one album in particular won't finish downloading.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Neros593! Welcome to community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading that album.

Sounds like you've done some extensive troubleshooting already. My only other suggestion, would be to manually sign out of the app and back in.

However, in the meantime, I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further review. Can you let me know the name of the album you're having trouble with? Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Neros593
Local Performer

The name of the album is "So Much (For) Stardust" by Fall Out Boy. I did try manually logging out and back in. The result appears to clear out all the downloaded albums and playlists I had. I manually selected all the things I wanted downloaded again. Attached is a screenshot of the download in process. Shortly after taking the screenshot, everything but the album in question finished downloading.

Screenshot of the "My Collection" screen showing where the album, "So Much (For) Stardust," stops downloadingScreenshot of the "My Collection" screen showing where the album, "So Much (For) Stardust," stops downloading

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for following up with those details, @Neros593.

I have forwarded this to the relevant team for further review. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos