cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora cuts off before song playing ends

FrankG
Local Performer

How can I prevent Pandora shutting down before song ends ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @FrankG. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening during your listening sessions.

• Could you share a bit more about your experience?
  • Does this occur when you phone is locked or if the Pandora app is backgrounded?
  • Any error messages popping up? 
  • Also, what is the make and model of your mobile device?

If you haven't already, a good place to start with troubleshooting is with the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps. Running through these steps could help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @FrankG. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening during your listening sessions.

• Could you share a bit more about your experience?
  • Does this occur when you phone is locked or if the Pandora app is backgrounded?
  • Any error messages popping up? 
  • Also, what is the make and model of your mobile device?

If you haven't already, a good place to start with troubleshooting is with the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps. Running through these steps could help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

b2netman
Local Performer

My guess is that it is no longer happening for FrankG, but often lately I will be listening to Pandora on a computer via browser (I tried both Edge and Chrome) I hear silence for a few minutes, I look at pandora and the song appears to be still playing (progress bar is moving) no sound. I adjust volume, still no sound. I advance to the next song and the next song begins normally and I can hear it. But this happens often throughout the day. I have downloaded the App today and began using it and once already this morning I have noticed it doing the same thing.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @b2netman 👋

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post!

I apologize for any inconveniences you've experienced while listening to Pandora. I understand how frustrating this could be when jamming to some good music and suddenly the music stops.

On your PC

Let's try troubleshooting your browsers to see if this will help with the sound issues. Please complete the troubleshooting steps below for your Edge and Chrome browsers:

On your Phone

Upon checking your account and it looks like you're playing Pandora through an Android device. Please run through our Android Troubleshooting steps.

In addition, if you recently updated your Android OS, I would suggest checking your battery optimization settings.

When updating your Android OS, this can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

b2netman
Local Performer

Works well on my phone, rarely will it stop before the song is over and if it does it goes to the next one. On my PC however even the App stops playing the song and does not advance to the next song. I did go through the Edge and Chrome, problem still exists

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for replying back @b2netman 👋 and thanks for trying those steps out. It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working on those web browsers, could you check if you're able stream Pandora through a different browser like Firefox?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos