cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Phone crashes when Pandora is casting to Chromecast home group

blancoYnegro
Local Performer

Hi guys,

I installed Pandora on my Android phone a few days ago. Whenever I tell it to cast to a Chromecast home group it connects and the group begins playing music. After a couple minutes the application will crash the phone. The home group is already connected to the source so the music will continue to play. However the phone will shutdown and reboot. On restart the phone will be fine as long as I don't launch the Pandora application again. If I open the application it will synchronize with the home group showing the correct state but after a minute or so it will crash the phone again. It works fine in standalone mode. Here are the details:

Phone model: Motorola Edge (2019)

Android Version: 11, Build number: RPDS31.Q4U-39-26-14-13

Pandora version: 2408.1 Installed from Google Play Store

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edit: Spoke too soon. The phone will crash and reboot even if I don't restart the application. After reboot, I unlock the phone to allow it to initialize completely. Then lock the phone again. Without any further interaction, about 10 minutes later, the phone crashes again. I noticed that the lock screen was displaying the state of the music being played.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @blancoYnegro 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear this is happening. To clarify, does this only happen when casting or will Pandora crash when playing directly from your phone? And when casting does this only happen when using Pandora?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blancoYnegro
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora,

It seems to only happen when casting. I have not seen Pandora or the phone crash when playing locally from the phone.

Yes, when casting unfound out that if I exit Pandora by swiping it away after the casting has started then the phone will not crash. I can then use the Google home application to control the music on the Chromecast. I have not tried to restart Pandora after that to see what happens. I had not thought of doing this before but I'll try it next time. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @blancoYnegro.

I've gone ahead and reported your experience with crashing when casting to our engineering team to further investigate.

If you haven't already you may want to try clearing the app data and cache on your phone. This will help reset the app and re-sync it with Pandora. These steps may be slightly different depending on your model phone but they should be generally correct:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Let me know if there are any improvements.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blancoYnegro
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora ,

Thank you for the update. I finally was able to get to this. I cleared the cache and data but had no success. Fingers crossed that there is a possible solution. Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thank you for trying that out, @blancoYnegro.

I've updated our engineers with your additional feedback.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime.

0 Kudos