cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Silverbemr
Underground

I have updated my Samsung s23 to the latest software, I think it's one ui6 and since then Pandora has had all kinds of issues. It won't autoplay after a song is done even though autoplay is on, it also keeps playing music when you disconnect a speaker from it. The only way for you to get it to stop playing is by going into the app info and doing a force stop. You can't even get it to stop playing by going to the task changer View and swiping the app closed. It shows that it is paused in the notification drop-down but it is still playing. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

47 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yooby2 Thank you for providing your device details and sharing your experience.

I've passed your feedback along to our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience.

Foulk1978
Local Performer

Hello I have the same issue.  Pandora doesn't stop playing and unresponsive.  S23 ultra 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Foulk1978. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. I understand how frustrating this can be. 

In the meantime, I'm going to pass along your feedback and experience to our tech team. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

Brad8
Local Performer

My Pandora will keep playing after I disconnect from my car radio Bluetooth through the phone speaker. The only way be to stop it is to force stop the app. It also won't advance to the next song with auto play on. This started to happen after the latest Android update.

My phone is the Samsung S23 ultra, one UI version 6.0, Android version 14., I'm connected with cellular data on my car radio Bluetooth. Pandora version 2310.1 there is no error message and nothing is grayed out. I even noticed that Pandora will start playing music even when another app is playing like YouTube or Spotify.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Brad8. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds similar to what you're experiencing: Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

In the meantime, I've shared your feedback and device details with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience during this time. 🎧

jpt46222
Local Performer

Pandora keeps playing after I disconnect from my car radio Bluetooth through the phone speaker. The only way be to stop it is to force stop the app. It also won't advance to the next song with auto play on. This started to happen after the latest Android update.

My phone is the Samsung S23, UI version 6.0, Android version 14. I'm connected with Verizon cellular data on my car radio Bluetooth. Pandora version 2401.1 

0 Kudos

ZaneHoneyfield
Underground
No word on a fix. I think this forum is a sham cause its not getting any
results after such a long time of the issue... i am thinking of dropping
the app for another one.
0 Kudos

Silverbemr
Underground
Agreed!
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jpt46222 Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I've passed your report along to the engineers who are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Silverbemr
Underground
It's been MONTHS. We pay for this service, why are we paying for this? It's
not like Pandora does updates to the interface. So just fix it already.
0 Kudos

DRB3478
Local Performer

Same issues with my Samsung Fold 5....Please fix this.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @DRB3478. I've relayed your feedback to our engineering team about experiencing the same issue as other community friends on this thread. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Silverbemr
Underground
When will this be resolved? I am looking to switch to others if this isn't
resolved ASAP.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Silverbemr. 👋

Thanks so much for following up. I completely understand how frustrating this has been.

While I don't have any new information to share right now regarding a timeline or a status update on this issue. The moderation team will share details once they are made available to us. We're grateful for your diligence in spotting this issue and appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Silverbemr
Underground
Yeah.... 🕒 Is ticking.... As soon as we hit our renewal period, we will
leave if not fixed. Unless they do prorated refunds.
0 Kudos

CarlyK
Local Performer

I have a Samsung A54 and have the same issue. I don't think the Pandora update is sufficient to communicate with all androids when Bluetooth is enabled. And, it doesn't appear they're in any kind of hurry to fix it. I've always preferred Pandora, but maybe I should reconsider a different music app. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback around this, @CarlyK. Apologies for the trouble you've encountered with this issue. In the meantime, I've shared your feedback with our tech team on your behalf. Rest assured all reports of this issue have been reported. 

While I understand how frustrating this can be, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through this. 🎧

0 Kudos

NorthNJDavid
Local Performer

Same issue here: Android 14 and latest release of Pandora. This happened to me 8 years ago and that's why I broke up with Pandora then, but I was assured it was fixed. I give it another chance now and exactly the same thing happens: Pandora play back does not stop when disconnected from my vehicle's Bluetooth and the controls are not responsive when this happens. Pandora doesn't even think it's streaming because when I open it the play button is present not a pause button.  I might add that my vehicle is a little bit older, 2014, so that may affect what version of Bluetooth is interfacing with my phone and perhaps help y'all troubleshoot it.

0 Kudos

frag_68
Underground

Glad I'm not the only one.  I can't add anything that you all haven't noted other than it happens both with my car's Bluetooth directly and my truck's Amazon Auto Bluetooth.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting and sorry for any trouble this has caused, @NorthNJDavid @frag_68. I've shared this with our tech team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos