cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

Silverbemr
Underground

I have updated my Samsung s23 to the latest software, I think it's one ui6 and since then Pandora has had all kinds of issues. It won't autoplay after a song is done even though autoplay is on, it also keeps playing music when you disconnect a speaker from it. The only way for you to get it to stop playing is by going into the app info and doing a force stop. You can't even get it to stop playing by going to the task changer View and swiping the app closed. It shows that it is paused in the notification drop-down but it is still playing. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

68 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Adjohnston @SBMSR. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble you've experienced with playback continuing after disconnecting from Bluetooth. We understand how frustrating this can be. 

Screenshot requests:

The moderation team isn't asking for screenshots for this specific issue. However for some issues, this may be requested so that we can better help troubleshoot. For this issue, it's helpful to know your device information so we can report this accurately to our engineers. Something to note, even if you don't include your device info, your feedback / issue is still reported.

Reporting this issue:

In the meantime, this issue is known to our tech team. All reports from this thread have been shared with them on an internal ticket (including yours). Thank you for your feedback and for your patience while this issue is being navigated. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Athomas3171. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with playback after exiting your vehicle. Unfortunately, I have seen this issue pop up recently with other users in the community. In the meantime, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback doesn't stop after disconnecting from Bluetooth

All reports of this issue from this thread have been shared with our tech team (including yours). Thank you for your patience during this time. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos

Patmurvis
Local Performer

I have had the same issues when using a connected Bluetooth device. Galaxy s21, android version 14. The problem does not occur for me if I minimize the Pandora app before locking my phone, but if I lock the screen with the Pandora app open, I will lose the ability for my Bluetooth devices to control the app until the song is finished.

0 Kudos

SBMSR
Local Performer

I have a different problem.  When I turn the ignition off, and open the door, the app stops playing through my car speakers and begins playing through my phone.  I don't touch the phone, and this happens. 

I don't know if i can control it after the song ends.   I don't have the patience to wait for that, I just force stop it, and so far, it works fine that way.

0 Kudos

Patmurvis
Local Performer
Yes this happens to me too. Doesn't matter if it's a speaker, or a car, or
ear buds. Any bluetooth device. It will lose control until the song ends.
Unless I minimize the Pandora app before locking my phone.
0 Kudos

bt949
Local Performer
It's been over half a year and they still haven't resolved the issue?
0 Kudos

SBMSR
Local Performer

I've had to force stop the app a few times in the past month or so.

0 Kudos

Patmurvis
Local Performer
Yes. I've had the issue since November I beleive. I'm also a Pandora+
subscriber.
0 Kudos

Ahybsol
Local Performer

I am having this same exact problem when disconnect from my Toyota Highlander Bluetooth. It'll start blasting music a min later or so. I have a Samsung s24 Ultra. All apps and software fully updated. 

0 Kudos