cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Resuming play from pause starts new song

KellyM83
Local Performer

This is exactly my issue on my android, pause (or pause and change tabs) and I lose my song! And no logo or functioning notification tab. Did you find a solution? It also doesn't auto-start on my car's Bluetooth like it used to.

Moto G 7

Pandora version: 2310.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 23101040)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KellyM83. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience with this, and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Player Notification:

There was an update posted in this thread recently around the player notification here: Android: Persistent player notification appears when app is closed

Resuming Playback after Pausing:

Have you tried clearing the app data to see if that helps? If not, I would recommend starting here: Android Troubleshooting

Could you share more details about what's happening?

• Does this occur after you've been paused for a long time? Or, after taking a phone call?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Bluetooth in your Vehicle:

Can you confirm that you have the Launch from car setting enabled on your Android phone?

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap the Profile tab
  • Tap the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Select Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices make sure there is a check next to Launch from car.

Enabling the Launch from car setting will prompt a notification from Pandora that will appear any time you connect to any Bluetooth device, since Pandora cannot distinguish between vehicles and other Bluetooth devices. This notification is required by your Android device. If the message bothers you, you can disable the Launch from car setting.*

*Keep in mind that if you disable the Launch from car feature, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth. Otherwise, it won't connect properly.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos