cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Skips / Pauses / Resets Almost Every Song

Tommyk
Local Performer

Pandora constantly pauses and skips to the next song or resets completely .I have reset my android phone and no luck. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Tommyk. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

Let's try running through the standard Android troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. The purpose of the trace is to help our engineers better understand what's happening, in case we need to report your issue to them.

++

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Mainaic515
Local Performer

Since the holiday season, my playlists on my smartphone will stop playing randomly in the middle of song and appear to refresh the app, any ideas why? I have the app connected to my roku, but no issues there even though they are the same account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mainaic515 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora pauses and resets every song or every other song

Can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora suggested above?

Let us know if this helps. 

0 Kudos

johare
Opening Act

When I follow these steps, a message pops up stating all my files, settings, accounts and databases will be permanently deleted. Do I really want to do this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @johare. 👋

Thanks for your post about this.

Cached data is information stored from a website or app that makes reopening that website or app faster. Cached data reduces load times, but that data has to go somewhere, so it takes up some space on your device.

Clearing the data can help resolve issues when the Pandora app becomes buggy or you have trouble streaming. When you clear the app data using these steps, you won't lose your account / stations / thumb feedback / profile, etc. In my experience, if a listener has lost any stations after performing this action, it's typically because they have a second Pandora account which can cause some confusion.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos