cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Sleep Timer Doesn't Work

Asj
Underground

My sleep timer does not work most of the time. I set the timer and my music will continue to play AFTER the timer runs out. I wake up in the morning with the are you still there notification. OR my pandora will suddenly start playing HOURS after my sleep timer ran out. My pandora will wake me up at like 3am because it suddenly starts playing. 

Labels (1)
23 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Asj. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. 

Have you tried clearing the app data to see if it helps resolve this issue?

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Asj
Underground

I did it. It didn't help. ☹️

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Asj I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Asj
Underground

I exclusively use cellular data.

Samsung A42 5G

VERIZON

Android version : 12

Model: SP1A.2108.016.A426USQU4CVE2

Patch seculity level: 2022-07-01
2022-07-05 ( I think)

Pandora version: 2204.1

Like i said, sleep timer is my only issue. It either doesn't turn off when the time runs out or will turn off and then play again at some random time in the middle of the night. Approx 1-5am EST

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Asj.

I've created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Krispix
Local Performer

There is no APP setting on my menu and I can find no suggestion of a sleep timer setting

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Krispix. 👋

To set the sleep timer from your mobile device:

1. Go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar and select the Settings gear in the top right corner. 
  2. Next, tap Sleep Timer and set it to stop playing at your desired interval. You can choose to stop playing after 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. The sleep timer will visibly count down in your Settings menu.

If you're still unable to view your sleep timer, could you send over a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Jessica1
Opening Act

Sleep timer doesn't work anymore. Everytime I set it, music keeps playing indefinitely once the timer is up

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jessica1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Sleep Timer Doesn't Work

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Krispix
Local Performer
When I signed up Pandora suggested that it had a sleep timer and I can find NO access to this function so I set my laptop "OFF" time to turn my computer off (Pandora doesn't like that idea) Now this E-Mail suggests that there is a Sleep Timer function available but I don't understand your explanation. Please respond to this email. Fred Thompson
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Krispix This is only a feature on mobile devices.

If you'd like to one available for desktop as well, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️Sleep Timer on Desktop

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Krispix
Local Performer

Now I am really confused, there are a number of comments that use the term "desktop" and I have indicated that I have a laptop using windows 10 and it seems that sleep timer will not work in this configuration Is this true???

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Krispix. 👋

Sorry for any confusion.

There isn't a sleep timer option available for the Pandora website or the Pandora Desktop App.

At this time, this feature is only available on mobile devices.

Feel free to upvote the existing feature request that @AdamPandora shared here as I'm sure other folks would love to see this option available as well.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jessica1
Opening Act

Worked for one day. The next day it was right back to playing indefinitely 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that, @Jessica1. I appreciate you keeping me in the loop.

Would you mind sharing your device details? I can report this to our tech team on your behalf.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

sandy_1630
Local Performer

Clearing the cash seem to help initially. I set the timer for 15 minutes.  Music played and then shut off.

HOWEVER about 5 or 10 minutes later, Pandora STARTED UP AGAIN ALL ON ITS OWN!

Pandora STARTED UP AGAIN ALL ON ITS OWN!

Please help, thanks.

Krispix
Local Performer
I have found that if I set my microsoft system setting to a 30min. battery power off sleep cycle my laptop goes to sleep (very effective sleep timer)
0 Kudos

Stark72
Local Performer

1000011751.jpg

 I set the timer, the timer ends but it is still playing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the timer off still is not shutting Pandora off.

This has been going on for MONTHS now....ever since the alarm option was removed I have had issues with the timer not working.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stark72 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once moreTroubleshooting for Android Devices

If that does not resolve the issue, would you mind sharing your device details? I can report this to our engineering team so they can help further investigate.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos