cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Songs Cutting Off Before Song Ends

MetalGuitarGuy
Local Performer

Is anybody else recently having songs cut-off about 10 seconds before they end? This seems to be a recent issue, last few days or so, but it is consistently happening every few songs or so.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MetalGuitarGuy. 👋

Sorry about that! Let's try running through the basic / advanced troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Feel free to let me know if you still have trouble. Thanks for your help with this!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

graybeard1
Local Performer

cutting out half-way through the song. happening more and more.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@graybeard1 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora suggested in her message above as this may resolve the issue. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

mightyeric
Local Performer

This is happening in my android phone app.  It does not happen when I stream from my computer.  I have tried the trouble shooting recommended here and it has not worked.  Please help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mightyeric. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue. Thanks for trying out those troubleshooting steps.

I'd like to report your issue. Mind providing the following info?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can share this with engineering.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Jerrdale
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. On my android phone, Amazon Firesticks, and my pc. I have a playlist, and whether it's in shuffle or regular play, many songs terminate early and the next one starts. VERY annoying. My previous experience music app never did this. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jerrdale. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble across multiple devices with your songs ending early.

Do any error messages pop up when this happens?

++

For your Android device:

I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps: Android Troubleshooting

Should the issue persist, I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf. It's helpful to know:

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

++

For your Amazon Firestick + PC:

It sounds like this could happen when you're at home on the same network. 

Have you tried rebooting your connection to see if this resolves the issue?

For your Amazon Firestick, I would recommend these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jerrdale
Local Performer

I've discovered that this happens only during shuffle play. If I play my playlist in sequence, no cut off. However, I prefer to shuffle my songs.

Is there a fix for this? Never had this problem with Spotify.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @Jerrdale

Did you get a chance to run through the troubleshooting steps from my message here

If you're still having trouble, I can report the requested information over to our engineering team where they can investigate further. 

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos