cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Turning Off / Exiting the App

Justdab
Underground

Pandora turned on in the middle of the night even though left on pause. Is there a definitive method to disarm so it's not draining the battery in the background?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
66 Replies

Casperbelle
Local Performer

When you're done listening to Pandora, all you need to do is to press Pause and leave the app. It is not necessary to completely quit the app or sign out when you're done listening.

This advice doesn't work. The only way I can stop Pandora from playing once I've tried leaving the app is by restarting/powering off my phone. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to a new phone. I've switched to mostly using another music app because of this issue, even though I much prefer Pandora. 

0 Kudos

Conshykeith
Underground
If you leave the app running then it chews up the battery!
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain confidential information. This information is intended for the use of the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange disposition of the information.
0 Kudos

Sfgiants43
Underground
Try turning off your Pandora notifications. Then when you swipe right when
it's paused it will actually go away.
0 Kudos

jacobmorris85
Local Performer

This is not accurate at all. Every time I close Pandora I have to actually force stop the app because it keeps running in the background. Not to mention any time I disconnect from Bluetooth now, your app starts playing on its own, even if I have hit pause first. If you do not figure out these problems, and I mean soon, I will be deleting your app and end my subscription. I already dislike the fact of your price hikes and quite frankly I am tired of how **ahem**ty you app is performing. I am highly DISSATISFIED with the service I have been paying for for years that never works properly anymore.

0 Kudos

Dalem011
Local Performer
I'm still opening the phone settings menu, strolling down to APPS, then
scrolling down to Pandora and then clicking on thevForce Stopoption.

Next time, if I remember, I will try a reboot and then see is it's still
running in some form or not.

The top process I'm doing is faster and less disruptive for me as it's not
resetting anything else I may be using around that time. I do reboot
somewhat regularly though.
0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

It's just ridiculous that a basic function, like Exit is no longer on the app. Another reason I usually use my laptop to for Pandora, or my own playlists with music that I've purchased.

0 Kudos

UnencumberedCue
Local Performer

why does pandora refuse to honor a force quit of the app?

I remember what this company set out to be. Now, I'm forced to report policy violations to Google as Pandora continues to lie about fixing this "bug".

0 Kudos