cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Turning Off / Exiting the App

Justdab
Underground

Pandora turned on in the middle of the night even though left on pause. Is there a definitive method to disarm so it's not draining the battery in the background?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies

Dalem011
Local Performer

Why not an actual EXIT button?

Option given above is how many steps, how many screen hops? Faster yet is just restarting my phone but often shuts down app I'm still needing. 

Most likely some sort of tracking thing they need/want running "IN THE BACKGROUND".

0 Kudos

Conshykeith
Underground

This STILL does not work. I swipe, but nothing! I have to force stop it. The next step is to get Spotify- that will close the app!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Conshykeith 

Can you clarify what you're swiping? Are you seeing a persistent notification or is the Pandora app playing audible music?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Conshykeith
Underground
Pandora starts when the phone starts and there is no way to shut it down unless you force stop it. I've had Pandora for years and this is something new and from the looks of the comments you know about it but will not fix it. YOUR app eats bandwidth (costing me money) and drains the battery.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain confidential information. This information is intended for the use of the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange disposition of the information.
0 Kudos

Statistic68
Underground

The app isn't playing music, it just doesn't shut down.  Amazon Music is doing the same things now.  If I want to fully close down the app, I have to force stop it as well.

0 Kudos

Conshykeith
Underground

Pandora starts when the phone starts and there is no way to shut it down unless you force stop it. I've had Pandora for years and this is something new and from the looks of the comments you know about it but will not fix it. YOUR app eats bandwidth (costing me money) and drains the battery.

It is playing, songs change bandwidth drains. Amazon music does not do the same thing and if it did how is that relevant? You work for Pandora, my subscription is with Pandora- what does Amazon (who I should look into thanks for the tip) have to do with anything?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Statistic68
Underground

It means that it's not just a Pandora thing.  Both music apps on my phone don't close down when I select "close all applications".  I have to force stop on both of them.

0 Kudos

Conshykeith
Underground

Which does not solve my problem- maybe Spotfiy if bettter

0 Kudos

Dalem011
Local Performer
This **ahem**. Must be for purposes of tracking your every move.
0 Kudos

SassySam48
Local Performer

How do I get pandora to shut completely down when I'm not listening to it 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SassySam48 When you're done listening to Pandora, all you need to do is to press Pause and leave the app. It is not necessary to completely quit the app or sign out when you're done listening.

When paused, the Pandora app is dormant and will not use your device's CPU or internet data.

You can pause Pandora by pressing the Pause button on the Now Playing screen on Pandora. You can also pause from the play controls on your lock screen.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how you can exit the app as well.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dalem011
Local Performer
  • Pandora took that exit/shut down feature away for reasons they will never tell. I suspect it has to do with tracking your every move. 

On an Android phone:

1) Find your "setting" app and open it. 

2) Scroll down to "Apps" or " Applications" and select that.

3) Scroll way down into the P section for "Pandora" and select that. 

4) Find the "Force Stop" button and select that.

5) A warning will pop up stating this may cause problems. Ignore it and continue to stop Pandora. 

6) My guess, Pandoras next update will cause it cause problems if you force shut down. They will likely never let you stop them from tracking you unless you stop using their service. 

D

0 Kudos

Conshykeith
Underground
Well then it's time to find a new service. These tech companies need to realize in they make money by being in service to the population. The population is not a private ATM machine for them. Time to get some laws passed
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain confidential information. This information is intended for the use of the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange disposition of the information.
0 Kudos

Sfgiants43
Local Performer
I have finally figured out a solution, all you have to do is disable
notifications on your phone from pandora. Then when you swipe away the bar
it will actually stay away.
0 Kudos

SassySam48
Local Performer

I don't to just pause it. I don't listen to it that often to keep it up and paused. This just started awhile back Never used to do it before 

0 Kudos

RLHarrissr
Local Performer

That is a stupid answer. Your engineers are  to dum to add a [stop, Quit, exit] button