cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Turning Off / Exiting the App

Justdab
Underground

Pandora turned on in the middle of the night even though left on pause. Is there a definitive method to disarm so it's not draining the battery in the background?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

Stask
Local Performer

clearing the cache seems to have toned down the battery usage from the 50-80% that it was, the app however still uses 20% over the course of 8 hours while paused which is 10x more than any other app. 

Galaxy S10

Verizon

Android Version 12

Pandora version 2205.1.1 (Android_Tuner 22051108)

Wifi

Seemingly at random the app will begin playing again without any interaction from me. I keep my phone on vibrate at work and won't notice for a while. However this has not been the case recently and the app is just taking a large portion of battery while paused and sitting in the background.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Stask I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Stask
Local Performer

https://imgur.com/a/eIYglQh Forgot to charge the phone last night, here is how much Pandora used over the course of the battery. It was only used for 25 minutes during the drive to and from work. Played in the car automatically that morning, paused the entire day, resumed the song it paused on on the way home. So it wasn't playing songs erroneously it was just sitting there.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thank you for reporting this, @Stask. I have added the screenshot you shared to the ticket open with our engineering team. 

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Sjwimer
Local Performer

All of a sudden Pandora will not shut down on my Android phone. The only thing I can do is force stop or uninstall to shut it off.

0 Kudos