cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Locate Widget on Galaxy Flip Android 12

whBigFlip
Underground

I have one of the new Samsung Galaxy Flip 3 phones. Recently my phone updated the operating system to Android version 12. Since then the widget I had been using to control Pandora has disappeared. I believe this was on purpose, as now the only widgets that are available for audio are Pulsar, YouTube Music, and Google Music. Do you know what I need to do to be able to control Pandora from the cover screen again?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

whBigFlip
Underground

Yes, that worked! I turn off a lot of notifications, so when I turned that back on the widget showed up on the lock screen. I couldn't find the "App icon badges" setting, but it seems to be working.

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @whBigFlip. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Something to note, widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. You will need to keep the app installed to the phone's local memory and the widget should work fine.

Could you check this setting? Let me know what you find. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

whBigFlip
Underground
Hi Alyssa,
The Flip 3 does not accept an SD card, so Pandora has to be installed locally along with all other applications.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information, @whBigFlip.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team so that they can investigate. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Flip 3
  • Carrier:
  • Android version: Android 12
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Let me know and I can pass along this info on your behalf. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

whBigFlip
Underground
Hope this works for you...
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@whBigFlip Sounds you like you're trying to add a screenshot. Unfortunately, it didn't pop up. 

If you click on the camera icon, you should be able to post it. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.35.39 AM.png

0 Kudos

whBigFlip
Underground

Thought I posted a reply, but not seeing it listed, so sending again.

Model: Samsung Galaxy Flip 3
Carrier: Verizon
Android version: Android 12
Build number: SP1A.210812.016.F711USQS2BULB
Android Security Patch Level: January 1, 2022
Pandora version: 2112.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21121009)

Thanks for looking into this issue!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@whBigFlip Thanks for providing your device details. 

Could you check lock screen setting to see if your widget has music enabled? This may have turned off when your phone updated to Android 12.

Go to Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets has Music Enabled

You may also be able to use these steps to check your cover screen settings here.

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

whBigFlip
Underground

Yes, Music widget in the Lock Screen settings is enabled. I can be playing Pandora, close the phone, music is still playing, tap the small Cover Screen, swipe to Music widget, and it will say "No music playing", and yet Pandora is playing. If I open the phone, the Lock Screen will do the same thing, show "No music playing".

In case it matters, if I'm listening with bluetooth headphones, the headphone controls will work as expected to pause, play, or skip. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@whBigFlip Thank you for your help during this process. I will add this information to an internal ticket we have open with our engineering team so that they can review it. We appreciate your patience. 🎧

0 Kudos

ZIG
Local Performer

Make sure  both "App Notifications" and "App icon badges" are enabled  for Pandora. 

whBigFlip
Underground

Yes, that worked! I turn off a lot of notifications, so when I turned that back on the widget showed up on the lock screen. I couldn't find the "App icon badges" setting, but it seems to be working.

Thanks!!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, @whBigFlip! So glad to hear those steps @ZIG provided helped.

Feel free to post if you notice anything else. Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

ZIG
Local Performer

So glad to hear it! I have the same phone and when my Pandora disappeared from the cover screen all of a sudden I just had to figure it out 🙂 Thanks for the follow up!