cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to Start Premium Access

adgraham1
Underground

On Android app on phone, search a song, hit play icon, nothing happens. On desktop app search same song, play icon works and plays song. Have cleared cache, force stopped, uninstalled/reinstalled app. Pandora plus, sometimes search a song that requires I listen to a short ad, fine, get a premium session for this song or something. Anyway, frustrating to hit play over and over on phone and nothing happens. Latest version Android 12, Pixel 3a.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaimegcus
Underground

hello, i had the same problem on my android phone, the problem was an active adblocker as soon as i deactivate it it worked.

Hopefully works for you too

View solution in original post

31 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @adgraham1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

• Could you share a screenshot of an song example this happens with?
  • Also, do you notice any error messages? If so, what exactly happens?
  • Does this issue occur when you listen to stations?
  • Lastly, does this issue happen when you attempt to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

adgraham1
Underground

Hi Alyssa, 

Here's a screen shot of what I get on the app, using Android on both phone and tablet. This occurs when I search for individual songs. It can be a new search, or it can be a song in my search history, when I pull the song up and hit the play icon nothing happens. It doesn't play. No messages. On the desktop, it may ask me to listen a quick commercial, and then the song plays. It does not happen on stations. Just individual songs I am searching for.

adgraham1_0-1644524958282.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing those additional details, @adgraham1.

I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team so that they can review. Based on your message, you're able to initiate Premium Access sessions from your computer but not from your Android device.

We appreciate you taking the time to report this, and for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

adgraham1
Underground

Mainly it's the play button that isn't working. This shouldn't matter whether Premium or Plus, the play button isn't responding on individual songs. That's the crux and I can't be the only one that's experiencing this. Yesterday, I shared a song via text message to a friend, one that came up in my Thumbprint Radio station. He reponded to me. I opened the link that I sent him, hit play icon, doesn't play. Keep me posted, thanks!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @adgraham1.

With Plus, you won't have the ability to listen to individual songs. Listening to content on-demand is a feature of Premium only. However, you can initiate Premium Access by clicking the play button on a song while being a free or Plus listener. I've seen this issue with other listeners recently where they can use Premium Access on the web or desktop app, but have trouble while using the app on mobile.

When I receive an update, I'll be sure to post on this thread. Thanks again for reporting this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Felipe111
Local Performer

When I search and try to play a song on my tablet nothing happens. I believe it is trying to trigger the popup ad to watch, but no ad appears, it just does nothing. I have tried deleting it and reinstalling and even made a new account and it is still not working. What should I do?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Felipe111. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble initiating a complimentary Premium Access session. 

Looks like you may be using an Android Fire HD tablet. I moved your post over to a new thread in the Android space of the community.

Could you share a bit more about your experience and device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jcc-13
Local Performer

When I try to play the songs I have under my thumb is won't play doesn't play an add like it used to now it will play the stations in my collection but if I exceed the skips a message will pop up saying something went wrong try again ok press ok and message pops up again it doesn't show an add to get more skips like it used to and also when I try to repeat a song that same message pops up saying something went wrong try again later ok before an add would show then you could repeat a song what is going on 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jcc-13 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Subject_52346
Local Performer

This started a few months ago but whenever I try hitting play on a song nothing happens I have tried clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my device, and making a new account but I always have the same problem. When I hit play the add doesn't even load pandora just doesn't do anything. I can only listen to stations but not specific songs that I want to listen to. I just want to know if there is any fix because I really enjoy using pandora but I can't use it if this happens every time I open the app. So does anyone know any way I can fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Subject_52346 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to Start Premium Access

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Subject_52346
Local Performer

Model: Galaxy A51

Android Version: 13

Build Number: TP1A.220624.014.A515USQU8EVK6

Android Security Patch Level:

October 1st 2022

Pandora Version: 2303.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 23031002)

This is all the info that you asked for

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Subject_52346.

I've escalated your feedback to our engineering team so they can help further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jcc-13
Local Performer

Have there been any word on my problem with Pandora 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Jcc-13. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

Looks like you were in touch with a member of our team via email. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they received a reply from you. The reply could've ended up in your junk / spam folder. In the meantime, I can report this for you since you're still having trouble.

Could you share a bit more about your device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know and I can add this information to an internal ticket we have open with our team. 🎧

0 Kudos

BSC_0831
Local Performer

When I search up a specific album that I have listened to everyday for the past month, now all of a sudden it doesn't play. 

It will act like it wants to play, but instead skips through every song as if it had a connection issue or something,  then goes back to my normal Playlist.  Everything else works fine. Also it doesn't ask me to watch an ad either like it usually does and I've already cleared the cache and it did nothing. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BSC_0831 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Unable to Start Premium Access

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

To clarify, does this only happen with that specific album, or are you unable to listen to any album you search for?

Additionally, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Jcc-13
Local Performer

Model #SM-S908U

Carrier AT&T 

Android version 13

Pandora version 2303.1

And it doesn't on both when I'm connected to Wi-Fi or cellular Data 

Thank you Alyssa 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jcc-13 Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos