cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Unable to Retrieve Music" Error

buzzardtooth
Local Performer

Had to get a new phone because of 5G rollout, now Pandora no longer works on my phone. It just skips from track to track, never playing any, until the following message appears:

Sorry, I can't retrieve music from Pandora.com

I have scoured Community, tried ALL suggestions made to users with similar issues, cleared cache, cleared storage, uninstalled & reinstalled, made sure to allow background running...

Nothing worked. I have used Pandora for over 10 years & have had a paid Premium subscription for about the last 3 & have never had an issue I couldn't resolve.

Will be forced to cancel if this issue can't be resolved very soon. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @buzzardtooth. 👋

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry to hear those steps didn't help. I can send this info over to our engineering team so they can take a look.

Could you send over more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can share these details on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

buzzardtooth
Local Performer
Device model: Oneplus 9 LE2115
Carrier: Mint Mobile
Android version: 11
Pandora version: 2112.1
Problem occurs on WiFi only on mobile device (not on PC)

Sent from the DarkPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@buzzardtooth Thank you for sending over those details.

The last thing I would recommend is turning your phone off / back on again. 

In the meantime, I've passed your feedback along to our engineering team for further review. 🎧

0 Kudos

Seaphish
Local Performer

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10+ running Android 11 on the AT&T network. I have Pandora version 2112.1 (Android Tuner 21121009). 

When I am connected to wifi, both at home and at my office, when I open Pandora, any station, it just runs through a loop where it says Buffering and then skips to the next song. After doing this approximately 9 or 10 times it pops up a message saying "Sorry. I'm unable to retrieve music from Pandora.com". The only way to resolve this is to switch to cellular data.

I have seen this question posted multiple times, but have not seen a solution. I have already attempted all of the troubleshooting steps on the Android section. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Seaphish. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear that you're also receiving this error message. I've moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Android: "Cannot Retrieve Music" Error

I appreciate you taking the time to report this. I've added this information to the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos