cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Waiting for Connection" Error

Doubleincognito
Local Performer

So I read that this seems to happen about ever 6 months or so on this thread. Well now it's happening to me. Doing everything from turning off wifi and back on again to even Uninstalling the app and putting it back on doesn't fix it more than when I close the app and reopen. I pay for the service and if it can not be resolved I can go to other services. I have only stuck with Pandora because it will take hrs to build my Playlist back up again. Please any suggestions?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (05/23/22): Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue has now been resolve. If you haven't already, please try updating to the newest Pandora app release version 2204.1 when it becomes available to you. 

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

If your issue persists after updating the app, please try clearing the app data once more. We have received confirmation that this helps resolve the error message after updating.

Here are the steps to clear the app data: Android Troubleshooting

I hope this helps. Thanks for reporting and for your patience while this was being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
53 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Doubleincognito. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with this error message. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. 

Device Details:

If the issue persists, would mind you sending over more information about your device to share with our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how clearing the app data goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

footballbat
Underground

Latest version, 2203.1 will not connect. Cache is clear, no background restrictions, app reinstalled. Galaxy S10 android mobile.  What is solution?

0 Kudos

JC13
Local Performer

I agree Doubleicognito!!! I've been paying for the family subscription for YEARS now and this error always occurs to me. What's the point of having curated likes and songs and being able to download them if you have to delete them constantly by clearing the app data.

You would think a company like Pandora that is dedicated to this would fix the issue but it's still constantly occuring. Smh 🤦🏽‍♂️

footballbat
Underground

Obviously going to have to switch to iheartradio or spotify. I'm not paying for something that doesn't work.

Superman101
Underground

This fixed my Galaxy S10+ waiting for connection error. Just know that if you do this you will  have to sign in again so remember your password. 

footballbat
Underground

Working good so far. Thanks Superman101.

0 Kudos

Mdrupp
Local Performer

Hello everyone, 

I've read a bunch of the previous threads and it seems that the common answer is:

"Android Troubleshooting:

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data."

I've tried shutting down my wifi and turning it back on, turn off my mobile data and turn it back on, go to airplane and turn it back off, restart the phone, turn phone off and turn it back on and last uninstall the app and reinstall it.  I may be able to get into my Pandora app once, but each subsequent attempt is with the "waiting for connection.  Try again? " error. 

I have the latest Pandora update (just installed new app from Playstore) and a Samsung S9+ with the latest update (actually might have started having issues after the phone update).  Verizon is the carrier and it doesn't matter if i have full service (wifi or mobile). 

Android version 10

Build number QP1A.190711.020.G965USQU9FVB2

Android security patch March 1, 2022

Pandora version 2203.1

Hopefully you tech geniuses can't figure this out!!

Android version 10

Thanks in advance everyone!

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Mdrupp. 👋

Thank you for providing your details about your experience and device. 

I've shared your feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open for this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Superman101. 👋

Did clearing the app data help resolve the issue for you?

If not, could you share more details about what helped resolve this error message?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Tayk47
Underground

I've had the same issue for about a week now. Have been back and forth with them and still not resolved. I agree I've been a customer for way too long and spend money on something that shouldn't take over a week to fix. Especially when it's clearly an issue many customers are having. I've taken all of the steps and given all of my phone information over to them. Wtaf

0 Kudos

footballbat
Underground

Superman101 said to delete all data in the app.  Works, but only once, then have to clear data and sign in again. Annoying, but kinda works till Pandora fixes the glitch.

Anyone else notice none of the mods are answering?

Clearing the data works, but only once. Then have to clear is again to use app. Very annoying, but is a work around, for now.

• Galaxy S10
  • Verizon
  • Android Security Level March1, 2022
  • Pandora version 2203.1

mod edit: merged comments + format

0 Kudos

Doubleincognito
Local Performer

Hi everyone! I use a Galaxy 10+. I had done the clear app cache, app data, and even phone cache. I have US Cellular but the provider has nothing to do this issue as this is happening while on my wifi which clocks in about 530 mbps as I am on gig speed. At busy times my wifi may drop to about 350. Wifi is always half of what I'm getting hardwire. I check all my stats. I work from home and had pandora on from start time 8am-530pm. Didn't have an issue till here recently. I see this seems to happen about every 6 months from the post. Funny thing is I deleted the app today, canceled my subscription, and turned on Amazon Music and my phone even had more battery life after the full day of me even thumbing up and creating new play list!! That tells me Pandora was eating a lot of battery power. It has been a LONG TIME with you Pandora. We have made some good memories. I had been with you since probably the beginning it's been so long. We may pass paths again, but right now you have issues.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update (05/05/22): Thank you for reporting your experiences and for providing your device details. Our engineering team is currently aware of this issue. All reports posted on this thread are shared an on internal ticket with our engineering team so that they may investigate. While I understand how frustrating this can be, your patience is much appreciated during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

RodChristen
Underground

This fixed my new Samsung S22 issue with this fault.

footballbat
Underground

Now using version 2204.1 and problem remains.

When can we expect this to be fixed?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Tayk47
Underground

They are coming up on at least 2 weeks of the same issue being reported...I guess they'd rather lose a bunch of customers

0 Kudos

bmylander
Underground

Having the same issue. Clearing Cache and Data works but only once. I have to clear it every time I want to use Pandora.

Carrier: Total Wireless
Android Version: 12
Build Number: SP1A.210812.016.G996U1UES5CVCB
Android Security Patch: April 1, 2022
Pandora Version: 2203.01

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for your device details, @bmylander.

I've added your info to the internal ticket we have open. 🎧

0 Kudos

FunkyKong
Local Performer

Is there a fix for this?  I haven't been able to I use Pandora on my Lenovo tablet for over a week now.

0 Kudos