cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App steals my screen when new song starts

pj4man
Underground

This is new.  Whenever I'm listening to Pandora (in the background) while reading an article or otherwise using a different app... my phone switches to the Pandora app when a new song starts.  It's actually done this several times now while researching this issue.  Its annoying.

Pandora paid version... Notifications off...pixel 4xl

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @pj4man! Thanks for posting. 

This is new for me too, I haven't heard of that before. It may be a caching issue, let's try clearing the app data to see if it will help. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps:*

*Please note: Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this.  If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. For Pixel devices, you can find helpful steps here.

You'll also be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @pj4man! Thanks for posting. 

This is new for me too, I haven't heard of that before. It may be a caching issue, let's try clearing the app data to see if it will help. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps:*

*Please note: Pandora Premium listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this.  If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. For Pixel devices, you can find helpful steps here.

You'll also be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pj4man
Underground

Cleared cache but not "Storage" as I wanted to troubleshoot one step at a time.  It fixed it.

I'll write back if the issue reappears.

Chow!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @pj4man! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos