cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the station a song is coming from

rayrayray01
Underground

I know how to find out what station is playing a given song in shuffle when it's being played through a computer. I do not know how to do this when playing stations in shuffle through my android phone. The problem is I don't listen to country an lately pandora seems to think it's a good idea to throw in a country song or two and it's driving me nuts. I've thumbs downed the songs and figured I'd go station by station and views my thumbs downed songs and thus delete the station that is showing thumbs downed country music. Strange thing is after going through ever station I have none of them show any thumbs downed country music. Anybody have any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @rayrayray01. 👋

Took me some time but I was able to determine what happened by going through a lot of your stations.

Your Guns & Roses Radio station is actually based on a song by a country artist, which explains why you're hearing country tracks during shuffle.

I've included screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 9.31.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 9.31.37 AM.png

I would recommend deleting this station and adding the Guns N' Roses station here. I think this is the correct one you're looking for. 

++

If you'd like to delete a station from an Android device:

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Press and hold (i.e., "long press") the station you'd like to delete.
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, select Delete station. Next confirm by selecting Delete once more.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium user, tap the highlighted Collect checkmark and select Delete when prompted.

Hope this helps! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rayrayray01. 👋

Sorry to hear this happening! I completely understand your frustration with this.

Unfortunately, this is not currently a feature. However, you can create a feature request if you'd like to see this option implemented on all mobile devices.

++

• Could you tell me are you shuffling all stations or do you have a custom shuffle when you're hearing the country tunes?
  • Also, do you remember the name of the track that you gave a 👎to?

Let me know, and I can look into this for you. 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

rayrayray01
Underground

I am shuffling all stations. I've thumbs down about 7-8 songs within the past 4 days. The next one that shows up I will send your direction.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @rayrayray01

Once you send over a song, I can definitely dig deeper into your stations to see what's happening. 

Appreciate you sticking with me on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

rayrayray01
Underground

Just had another country song come by. Lose It All by Brett Eldredge.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rayrayray01 Thanks! Just to clarify, you did give it a 👎right?

I'm going to do some digging, and see what I can find.

0 Kudos

rayrayray01
Underground

Yes I did

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @rayrayray01. 👋

Took me some time but I was able to determine what happened by going through a lot of your stations.

Your Guns & Roses Radio station is actually based on a song by a country artist, which explains why you're hearing country tracks during shuffle.

I've included screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 9.31.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 9.31.37 AM.png

I would recommend deleting this station and adding the Guns N' Roses station here. I think this is the correct one you're looking for. 

++

If you'd like to delete a station from an Android device:

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Press and hold (i.e., "long press") the station you'd like to delete.
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, select Delete station. Next confirm by selecting Delete once more.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium user, tap the highlighted Collect checkmark and select Delete when prompted.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

rayrayray01
Underground

Thank you so much for your help.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @rayrayray01. Always happy to help.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos