cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Sorry, this playlist is no longer available."

Mike1980
Underground

My playlists are unavailable in my collection. And when I hit the thumbs up button gor a song it stops playing a nd says "this Playlist is no longer available " and im on a Samsung s9

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 12/06/20: 

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

We believe this issue has been resolved with the latest released app version.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you continue to run into trouble with this, please try signing out of the app and signing back in as that may also resolve any lingering issues after updating.

Lastly, if signing out of the app and signing back in still does not resolve this for you, please follow up with some additional information so that we can pass it along to our engineering team:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Does this error happen when listening to a specific playlist or station?

We appreciate your continued patience with this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

323 Replies

AdamPandora

@Mike1980 I moved your post over to this thread as it sounds like you may be running into a similar error message.

What is the name of the playlist/station where that error message pops up on?

Can you confirm if that same error appears on any other playlists/stations you attempt to play?

Lastly, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message that pops up?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

onenewprincess
Underground

Screenshot_20200903-150228_Pandora.jpg

I have been getting this message lately.. in different stations, on playlists.. I have cleared cache. I have uninstalled and reinstalled... but nothing works.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Mike1980
Underground

I've been getting the same thing. Please let me know if you get a solution. I can play the playlists. It just says this playlist is unavailable. There isn't a specific playlist tho. And I cant thumb up a song with out it stopping the music.. this only happens on my phone too

Screenshot_20200905-021401_Pandora.jpg

here's the screen shot too

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @onenewprincess @Mike1980. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. Thanks so much for reporting this on the Pandora Community. It sounds like you were able to try out the basic troubleshooting steps here

I'd like to gather a bit more information. Could you tell me more about what is happening?

• What are you doing within the app prior to this error message popping up? (ex. Skipping to the next song on a station or playlist)
  • Have you noticed any patterns? Is this station or playlist specific? If so, what is the name of the station(s) or playlist(s)? 
    • Are these custom playlists you've created? Or, a curated playlist?

++

Would you mind also sharing more information about your devices? 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Let me know as I'd like to report this over to our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Mike1980
Underground

Hello.. I'm listening to any station or listening on shuffle. And the only playlists I have are curated ones or ones that pandora created for me. 

My phones model is a Samsung s9. Carrier is t mobile. Android version is 10. Build number is SM-G96OU.. security patch level is August 1 2020

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora

@Mike1980 Thanks so much for confirming that info, and for providing those helpful details.

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team for further review. 

We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

Mike1980
Underground

Thank you 

onenewprincess
Underground
  • What are you doing within the app prior to this error message popping up? (ex. Skipping to the next song on a station or playlist)
Sometimes it happens when I'm skipping but mostly if I go to look or search something then the error comes up.
  •  Have you noticed any patterns? Is this station or playlist specific?
It started when I added the Beyonce station but if I'm on shuffle or select another station it still happens.
  • If so, what is the name of the station(s) or playlist(s)? 
Happens aon multiple stations
No

++

Would you mind also sharing more information about your devices? 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Carrier: Metro PCS
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 9
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): PPR.180610.011.G950USQU7DTG2
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): June 1, 2020
  • Pandora version: 2008. (Android-Tuner 2008.1RC6)

AlyssaPandora

@onenewprincess Thanks so much for providing those details. I've pass this information along to our engineering team for further review. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Buffslayer77
Local Performer

I have a Google pixel 3XL phone and I've been getting the same message for the past week. It's not on any certain playlist that it does it on. I can hit shuffle and it'll do it, I can play my thumbs up list and it'll do it then too. It's driving me insane because I listen to music while I'm working. Please help us! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Buffslayer77. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well. I've created an internal ticket with our engineering team to report this issue.

Could you share the following info?

• Model: Google Pixel 3XL
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jerichal
Local Performer

Exact same thing here also.

If I try to hit the thumbs up button or add or start a new playlist, message pops up.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jerichal Please try running through the troubleshooting steps listed on our help page as they may resolve this: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If that error message continues to pop up, please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Also, would you mind also sharing more information about your device? 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
  • Have you noticed any patterns? Is this station or playlist specific? If so, what is the name of the station(s) or playlist(s)? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Mike1980
Underground

I've done everything  I can and still doing the same thing can you please help 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Mike1980. 👋

I completely understand how frustrating this can be. Rest assured, all of the information from this thread has been reported to our engineering team to investigate further. 

All updates we receive for this issue will be posted on this thread.

Thanks so much for your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Mike1980
Underground

Thank you 

XtheEdgeX
Underground

Any solution for this yet? I have an LG ThinQ 8 phone. Every time I thumbs up a song on my phone, I get this same message and the song stops.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @XtheEdgeX. 👋

Sorry for the trouble this has caused during your listening sessions.

Our engineering team is still working on this. I've added your feedback to the internal ticket we opened.

If you don't mind, could you share more details about your device as indicated in this post?

Let me know and I can add these additional details to the ticket on your behalf. Appreciate your help with this! 🎧

XtheEdgeX
Underground

Hi Alyssa.  

LG phone ThinQ G8 model LM-G820TM

Carrier is T-Mobile

Android version 10

Build number QKQ1.190929.002

Security patch level Aug. 1, 2020

Pandora version 2009.2

No custom playlists. I have about 23 stations saved and I have it set to shuffle the songs through all stations. There is a pattern with this error. When listening to the app on my phone, if I thumbs up any song, the song will stop and I get an error saying the station is no longer available. I've checked all the stations I use, and they are all still available. On the other hand, when I use the app through my xfinity tv cable box, I can thumbs up with no issues. I hope this helps.