cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Android: Getting Started on Pandora

jameslouis1221
Local Performer

What does it mean when you make a station? Can you retrieve thumbs up selections?

Can you make playlist?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity and format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jameslouis1221!

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your post. ๐ŸŽง

Getting Started:

The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

• Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. 
  • From there, enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.*  ๐ŸŽถ
  • Feel free to check out this helpful page about how to get started listening from an Android device.

Thumb Feedback:

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb up and down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Playlists:

Creating playlists is currently a feature of Pandora Premium (our on-demand paid subscription option).* However, you can enable complimentary sessions of Premium.

You can find out more info about Premium Sessions here.

You can also discover more details about how playlists work in this article.

I hope this information is helpful. See ya around the community! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jameslouis1221!

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your post. ๐ŸŽง

Getting Started:

The best way to explore Pandora and create a station (or to listen to any type of content) is to search our library and further filter your results.

• Begin by launching the Pandora application and tapping the search icon (shaped like a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of your screen. 
  • From there, enter the desired search term, and filter your results by Artist, Songs, Stations, Podcasts, Playlists, or Albums.*  ๐ŸŽถ
  • Feel free to check out this helpful page about how to get started listening from an Android device.

Thumb Feedback:

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb up and down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Playlists:

Creating playlists is currently a feature of Pandora Premium (our on-demand paid subscription option).* However, you can enable complimentary sessions of Premium.

You can find out more info about Premium Sessions here.

You can also discover more details about how playlists work in this article.

I hope this information is helpful. See ya around the community! 

0 Kudos

KL2134
Local Performer

my app is already installed

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KL2134. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thanks so much for visiting the Pandora Community! I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Android: Getting Started on Pandora

Logging In:

Are you able to log into your Pandora account from your Android device? 

Once you log in, you should be able to listen to your existing stations. If you need assistance with logging in or forgot your password, your may find these steps helpful: How to reset your password

++

Getting Started:

You can find more details about how Pandora works in the accepted solution here.

If you have specific questions, please let me know in your reply. I'm always happy to help. ๐ŸŽง

0 Kudos

Yousif
Local Performer

When I try to listen to an album or song on the Pandora app it doesn't work. Music only plays if I listen to a radio which is something that I don't want, is there a fix for this? Oh and also all the play buttons are greyed out for some reason.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Yousif. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Nice to see you around the community space. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

How Pandora Works:

Listening to content on-demand (albums, playlists, individual songs) is an exclusive feature to Pandora Premium. With free ad-supported Pandora, you have the ability to listen to and create stations. 

Pandora offers three ways to listen: free ad-supported Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium. Each option offers access to our industry-leading radio and podcast service.

Ad-Supported and Pandora Plus Listeners:

• As an ad-supported or Pandora Plus listener, you can access stations designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.
    • When listening to stations, you are able to rate music by giving it a Thumbs Up (meaning you like it and want more music like that on your station) or Thumbs Down (meaning you don't like it, or don't want music like that on this particular station). When you give a song a Thumbs Down, that song will never play again on that station.
    • We use a similar, personalized approach to help you discover podcasts and recommend new ones to you. Thumb up podcast episodes you love, and weโ€™ll recommend more podcasts like it! Thumb down episodes you donโ€™t like, and weโ€™ll tune our recommendations accordingly.

Pandora Premium Listeners:

• Pandora Premium subscribers can enjoy the same service along with the ability to listen to music on-demand and create custom playlists.
  • If you're interested in listening on-demand, I would recommend trying out Premium Access. You can find out more about how free sessions work here: Premium Access

For more tips on how to use Pandora, check out our help page.

Check out more details about Pandora's subscription options here.

Greyed Out Buttons:

There's an existing thread related to your experience here: Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Our engineering team is aware of this issue. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your report with them on an internal ticket. At this time, there are no new updates. Once the moderation team recives one, we'll share on the thread in the accepted solution.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience during this process. ๐ŸŽง

0 Kudos