cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add songs to listen to offline?

Joyinrepetition
Local Performer

How do I add songs to my offline station?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Joyinrepetition. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community!

Offline Listening:

Looks like you're a Pandora Premium subscriber.

Pandora Premium subscribers can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening. Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio. You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection.

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

++

To listen offline from a mobile device:

• Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  • Toggle Offline Mode on.
  • Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Joyinrepetition. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community!

Offline Listening:

Looks like you're a Pandora Premium subscriber.

Pandora Premium subscribers can download stations, playlists, albums and songs for offline listening. Pandora will initially download your three most played stations along with Thumbprint Radio. You can then use the following steps to add or remove music from your offline collection.

To download music for offline listening:

1. Search for an artist, station, playlist, album, or song you would like to download, and click on its name to visit its backstage page.
  2. Tap the Download icon to add it to your offline collection.

To view your offline collection (while connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network): 

1. Open My Collection.
  2. Tap the Added bar underneath the artwork.
  3. Select Show downloads only.

To remove sources you have downloaded:

1. Make sure the app is connected online. 
  2. Sort your collection by "Show downloads only" (see above).
  3. Select the source you'd like to remove and tap Downloaded to remove it from your offline collection.

++

• Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  • Toggle Offline Mode on.
  • Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Hs5145
Local Performer

Thank you.

terry8
Local Performer

I don't see the download icon

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @terry8. 👋

Thanks so much for your post. Looks like you're upgraded to Pandora Plus. 

How Offline Listening Works:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

++

How to Turn On Offline Listening:

To listen offline from a mobile device, you can use the following steps:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 🎧

jklmnop
Local Performer

There is no download icon anywhere that I can see. At least not on my iPod using iOS 15.5. The only way it seems to allow offline stations is deciding on its own to download stations based upon those most used. Do I need to upgrade to the top premium tier to select which stations are available offline?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jklmnop Yes - the ability to pick and choose what content you want downloaded for Offline Mode is only an option with Pandora Premium.

I took a look at your account and can see you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus.

If you'd like to upgrade to Pandora Premium, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

aurareader
Local Performer

I'm a premium member, but do not see the download icons?  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @aurareader. 👋

Thank you for being a Premium subscriber, and for being a part of the community.

Your three most popular stations (along with Thumbprint Radio) will automatically download for you to access in Offline Mode. If you have not yet added Thumbprint Radio, please let me know.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

JohnDoe4
Local Performer

OLD INFO... DOESN'T WORK!!

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @JohnDoe4

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening.

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list!

Hope this helps and happy listening! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

splitcane
Underground

These answers are extremely frustrating: late to the party. I've already wasted 15 minutes of my life trying to locate the stupid buttons that are claimed to exist but turns out they only appear if you have Premium. Yet, the answers for how to make stations available offline don't tell you this first. Your engineers should keep the icons visible, grey them out and then if someone clicks on them, they should get re-directed to a page with proper explanation or a pop up window with same. VERY, VERY frustrating. Also, for Plus members like myself, we should be able to pick the 3 stations and change them at will. Having Pandora pick them is super lame. If I was on a bike ride, pumping metal, at my parent's house or now with my woman, I'm gonna want totally different music. Current implementation is stupid. If you insist on this, then just make it Free or Premium with no lame middle option.

GeraldPandora

Hi @splitcane 👋

Thank you for your first post and sorry for any confusion/frustration this may have caused.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening.

In the meantime, if you want to have other offline stations available, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the available stations to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you by adding them to your list! 

In addition, we have an open feature request under Choose your own Offline Station, make sure to upvote this thread, and hopefully, we get to see this feature implemented on our app!

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Sagewolf1
Local Performer

Why can't I open and listen to my offline content while I'm not connected to Wi-Fi or data? We go camping in areas without either and still want to listen to my favorite music, using my favorite provider. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sagewolf1 You should be able to manually switch over to Offline Mode.

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

If you are still unable to switch to Offline Mode, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

letmereadthis
Local Performer

This information seems incorrect. I have Pandora Plus, but anytime I try to enable offline mode, it says my offline stations have not finished downloading. Last reinstall was a couple months ago and the phone is usually connected to wifi, so clearly it's not actually downloading. Considering upgrading to premium for offline, but if it's a feature that's supposed to be available at Plus and is broken, I'm not confident it will work at premium either.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@letmereadthis I do see you upgraded to Pandora Premium shortly after posting your message.

Were you still experiencing issues downloading content for Offline Mode?

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

Let me know.

0 Kudos