cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Access "Deep Cuts" Mode

Rmiles2257
Local Performer

Hello, I'm looking to figure out how to access the Deep Cuts mode on my stations?

I have an Android App.

Where do I go to turn on the Deep Cuts mode?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hey @Rmiles2257.  When you're playing a station in the Android app, you should see a mode button right below the station name at the top of the screen. It would be defaulted to "My Station". Click that and you can select "Deep Cuts".

Glad you're enjoying the station modes. I love them myself.  Started listening to "Discovery" mode on my Queens of the Stone Age Radio last week and heard a lot of awesome stuff I haven't heard before.  Was listening to that for 3-4 days straight. 

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

12 Replies

TmacPandora

Hey @Rmiles2257.  When you're playing a station in the Android app, you should see a mode button right below the station name at the top of the screen. It would be defaulted to "My Station". Click that and you can select "Deep Cuts".

Glad you're enjoying the station modes. I love them myself.  Started listening to "Discovery" mode on my Queens of the Stone Age Radio last week and heard a lot of awesome stuff I haven't heard before.  Was listening to that for 3-4 days straight. 

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Ktuttle848
Local Performer

Why does it say my station is out of deep cuts?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Ktuttle848. 👋

We did receive reports of "We're sorry there are no more songs available. Try switching stations." yesterday. A few other listeners mentioned their modes disappearing after this error message popped up. 

Are you still running into this issue today?

If so, which station are you having trouble with? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

JessyElaine
Local Performer

Hey! What's the difference between deep cuts and discovery mode? I hear a lot of artists that I don't enjoy on my station, but thumbsing down the songs just changes the station in a negative way. My stations only play the popular songs by the bands I like, but I actually will listen to the artist's albums on loop. I'd like to hear more of the artists I like. Which mode is best for this? My guess was deep cuts! But I don't actually know what discovery mode is. 😅

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JessyElaine. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Happy to help explain each mode.

Pandora Modes:

• My Station: The station you already know and love
  • Crowd Faves: Plays whichever relevant songs are the most popular
  • Discovery: Surfaces artists who don’t usually play on this station
  • Deep Cuts: Delve deeper into the discographies of the artists on your station
  • Newly Released: The newest releases from the artists featured on your station
  • Artist Only: Only songs from the artist headlining your station. (Please note: You may hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to a station.)

You can continue to use your Thumbs when listen with any given mode. Thumbs will continue to influence your station regardless of what Mode you're listening in. So giving a Thumbs Up in Newly Released Mode will tell My Station to play more new music for you.

As always, you have the ability to edit any unwanted Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down in your station details.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

*Not all Pandora Modes will be available on every station.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

JessyElaine
Local Performer

Great, thanks!  I just turned it on, but it skipped the song I was jamming to. Why does it do this when you switch modes?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JessyElaine When you switch to a different mode, it changes over immediately. I would recommend listening to the current song, and switching over to your new mode once you've finished with the song you're jamming to. The mode feature doesn't act as a "queue" when go to switch over (where it plays the current song and switches after).

If you'd like to see the ability to switch the mode once the current song is over, feel free to create a feature request here

For more information about how feature requests work on the community, please check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Hope this is helpful and clarifies a bit. 👍

0 Kudos

mloehrs
Local Performer

I don't see Modes on my Android App. Version 1812.2. Is this only available to premium users?  I have it on my Windows desk top but can' see it on my phone. My station also is not seen. Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @mloehrs. 👋

Modes are available for free and paid subscribers. Can you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you attempt to use modes on a station?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Thanks so much for your help with this!

0 Kudos

mloehrs
Local Performer

Same problem. No modes on android phone app. any ideas? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mloehrs. 👋

Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing when you attempt to use a mode on your station? You can find steps to take a screenshot from my message above here.

Are modes unavailable for all stations or just a specific one?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

PepeLePew
Underground

On my android phone there is no option for deep cuts.

I would like to see an option where I could select deep cuts for all my starions.

I'm getting pretty tired of listening to the same songs by my selected artists.