cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App only crashes when using cell data

papagiorgio200
Local Performer

It crashes all the time. I clear data, cache. I even maxed out the RAM from 4gb to 8gb in the phone settings. When I am home and on Wi-Fi, no crashing. But I use the app when driving... I have tried to get Chrome or DuckDuckGo to open up Pandora in their browser through the phone. It forces me to the app. Any help in getting a phone to open a Pandora.com player? I have an S22+

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@papagiorgio200 Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community.

The only way to stream Pandora on your Android device is through the app - not through a mobile browser.

This being said, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team.

Can you please let me know if you see any error messages when the app crashes?

Additionally, please let me know:

• If the app only crashes when listening in the car, or if it crashes any time you aren't connected to WiFi
  • If it only crashes in the car, please let me know:
    • Make and model of your car
    • If you are connected to Android Auto

Lastly, can you please send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: S22+
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

papagiorgio200
Local Performer

Since I uninstalled the app, and then reinstalled it, I haven't had the issue. At first it was crashing a few times each drive I would be on. It asked if I wanted to give feedback, which I did. In those crashes Samsung would also, after about the third time, ask if I wanted to empty the cache. Which I did. (I also started emptying the data.) The crashes started to increase. By the end they were so frequent and immediate no request to report of Samsung messages occurred.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @papagiorgio200!

Glad to hear that this seems to be resolved.

If it happens again, can you please share a screenshot of the message you receive to share with us on community. If you need help with this, let us know.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos