cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Devices Enabled for Downloads

adriankessel
Local Performer

I just went to listen to some music in offline mode on my Wear OS watch to find it had all been removed. When I enabled downloads on the device again I received a message that said I'd reached the maximum number of devices authorized for downloads and if I enable it on this device it will disable it for my least used device.

What is the maximum number of devices I am able to download music on for offline listening? Is there any way for me to know how many devices I have authorized for this and which is the least used?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @adriankessel. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I haven't seen any mentions of this - is it possible to post a screenshot/photo of that error message?

Also, how many devices do you currently use for offline listening?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

adriankessel
Local Performer

screen.pngscreen(1).pngI have a phone, a tablet and two Wear OS watches.  I just tried to use offline mode on the second watch and got the same error.  Screenshots attached.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @adriankessel. 👋

We've reached out to you via email to offer further assistance with this.

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Perry27
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue but I wasn't offline, just updated the app today, and got this message when I went to download a song on my Pixel which is primary on the family plan. Does this mean I can only download from my phone now or how do you check it? 

0 Kudos

Subiepower144
Local Performer

I have not been able to get my download stations to download it says enabled downloads says exceeds the number of allowed limit of devices with downloads. This is the only phone that has pandora it also says  We've  Encountered  An unexpected error please try again again later I have unlimited data been  Dealing with this for 3 days also when I try to go offline says same thing 

PLEASE HELP 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Subiepower144 I moved your post over to the Android space.

To rule out the possibility of any unauthorized users accessing your account, let's run through some steps to help secure it.

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

If you haven't already, you will also need to change your password in order to fully secure your account.

Click here to request a password reset and make sure to enter the email address associated with the Pandora account you'd like to access.

• Next check the Inbox associated with that email address in order to continue through the password reset process.
  • If you don't see the message in your Inbox, please check your Spam or Junk folder.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I also recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If this does not resolve the issue, please reply to this thread with a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Perry27. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

Since you received that error message, it sounds like you may have had an older device where you downloaded offline content that you may no longer be using (or own). In the meantime, you can proceed with downloading on Pixel. 

You can download offline content for your specific account on other devices. Offline listening was created to address cellular connection issues, so it is only available on mobile devices.

If you're still receiving that error, feel free to let us know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kiankney
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue and I can't find where to fix it. I have limited time after work to fix this issue and am clueless iv had 2 phones break and I cannot access them to disable downloads. Please help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kiankney. 👋

Looks like you were able to get the devices removed from your account already.

Let us know if you continue to receive this pop up. 🎧

0 Kudos

kmgriep
Underground

Every time I try to download songs, I receive a message saying I have reached my download limit for this device. I have tried deleting content, but I still get a message. Has this happened to anyone else? I cannot download any of my collected content. My phone has plenty of space, but I keep getting an error message. What should I do?

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kmgriep. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Maximum Devices Enabled for Downloads

I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team as I'm seeing more mentions of this. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

kmgriep
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

I have a Pixel 3a, Android 11. I am a Pandora Premium member. Thanks so much for helping!

Model: Google Pixel 3a

Carrier:Verizon

Pandora version: 2107.1

Android 11

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

kmgriep
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

Did you receive my phone and carrier info?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kmgriep. 👋

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information. I have shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧 

kmgriep
Underground
Thank you, Alyssa! I was able to download music yesterday! How were you
able fix the issue?

trakeen
Local Performer

I'm also experiencing this issue, and becoming quite frustrated using this forum...  My last attempt at writing a reply suddenly vanished and a new text box was generated with a toolbar; might have hit something by accident, I don't know...

Anyway here are the highlights of my exact problem:

Recently factory reset my phone, downloaded app, logged in, and attempted to download a song, and was given the same error, but was presented with no way to adjust which devices have "download enabled".  I've gone through a few phones in the last year because I'm clumsy..  I've looked through the profile settings on the website, but was unable to find a way to modify this list, or even view which devices are associated with my account.

Motorola Play (2021), MeteroPCS, Android 10, Pandora Ver. 2107.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmgriep Thanks for letting me know! Feel free to reach out if you need anything else. 🎧

++

Hey, @trakeen. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue as well.

I've shared your device details and feedback with our engineering team on an internal ticket, as they're currently investigating this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kiankney
Local Performer

I am still having this issue could you please do it again. Me and my fiance share the same pandora as a family and I can download for offline listening on mine but it still gives her an error that too many devices are enabled. Please wipe "ALL" DEVICES

0 Kudos

Grissom
Local Performer

Hello, Alyssa.

As a dad with kids, we have a number of devices.  It is becoming a difficult to know who did what.... I can listen to Pandora through the cable box (2), the smart TV (3) , our phones (4) computers (4) laptops (2) iPads, iPhones, Kindle, apple watches... you get the point.  oh, and playstation or xbox... I might have 30 different ways to connect to streaming audio or video.   For a given TV, I can stream Pandora through the cable box, the TV itself, or the gaming console. 

When I want to manage my devices on the Amazon web site, it lists them, and I can remove that old Kindle that got replaced, and see what has been signed in and authorized.

If Pandora is going to limit offline streaming to a "number" of devices.  At a minimum, you should let us know that number in the Warning message.   It would also help to let us manage the devices.  

So, last night, I authorized streaming on my phone.  I'm going on a trip.  (not taking all the other stuff)  I selected to remove the "least used" device from offline authorization.  But I have no idea what that was.   And I hope it was not my wife's phone.  That would be fun plane ride.   ... sitting next to her... me listening to music... while she wonders why her phone has no offline music....

More information would be nice.   Look at the way Amazon does it.  "Manage devices" would be nice.

Thank you.