cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Pandora Modes on Lollipop 5.0.2 Tablet

cwatson888
Local Performer

I have the premium subscription. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Android tablet running Lollipop 5.0.2 and while I can play Pandora on it, I don't have the Crowd Faves, Discovery, Deep Cuts and Artist Only options. Samsung doesn't send out updates to it anymore so I can't update it. Is this because I have an older tablet? I can see these options fine on my Samsung Note 10+ and ipad.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cwatson888 On Android devices, the current version of Pandora requires Marshmallow 6.0 or higher.

If you are using an Android device that is not able to upgrade to Marshmallow or higher, you unfortunately won't be able to utilize the Pandora Modes feature.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cwatson888 On Android devices, the current version of Pandora requires Marshmallow 6.0 or higher.

If you are using an Android device that is not able to upgrade to Marshmallow or higher, you unfortunately won't be able to utilize the Pandora Modes feature.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

REL
Local Performer

Jumping into this post, as i have the same problem, but my phone is running Android Pie (v.9) version.  I had the different modes available on my mobile phone before i upgraded to Pandora Premium.  Now they are gone after upgrading.  i really miss discovery mode.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @REL. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

What station(s) have you noticed that no longer have modes?

Could you send over a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you listen from a station that had modes available previously? 

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Let me know, and I can take a look for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

fabarnes60
Local Performer

what is Marshmallow?

0 Kudos