cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Stops No Error Messages after Update 2002.2

Mountainmama87
Local Performer

I'm having this same issue and my pandora app is not selected to be put to sleep

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Larkspurss Thanks so much for the information.

I added this a ticket for an issue we're currently investigating. Rest assured, we're looking into this to understand what's going on so we can fix it.

Appreciate your help and patience! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mountainmama87. 👋

I moved your post to keep the community space organized. This issue appears to be different than the reports from the original post you commented on.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Does this issue where the app stops but the pause button indicates that music is still playing seem similar to what you're experiencing?

++

In the meantime, I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here.

Feel free to keep me updated on what happens.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Jwayne8909
Local Performer

My galaxy a20 has been doing the same thing for weeks and cant get ahold of pandora, I have great internet so that's not the issue and I'm tired of them not having phone support, its bs. The software is up to date and since the update pandora crashes halfway through every song and restarts the app automatically and goes to a different song

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jwayne8909. 👋

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space tidy. Unfortunately, we do not offer phone support, but I'm happy to help via the Pandora Community.

The forms of support we offer include:

++

Other listeners have reported similar issues with newer app versions after 2001.1. I've also enabled a trace on your account to share with our engineering team. This will help us gather more details about the issue you're experiencing. If you haven't already, I would recommend running through our advanced / basic troubleshooting steps, while the trace is enabled.

• Model: Galaxy A20
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know so that I can report your problem directly to engineering. 🎧

0 Kudos

caninekopz
Local Performer

So I have listened to Pandora since its inception.  Used to love it.  So 3 months ago I decided to pay for my service by purchasing a years worth of premium Pandora.  I listen like 14 hours a day (dont ask).  Worked great during my 3 month trial period, so much so that I was actually excited to not have to listen to the commercials.

First day my paid subscription kicks in my radio skips and stops after 5 minutes of listening.  Changed nothing but now I am paying.   All I do is listen to it while at work.  Small assortment of play list, but no minipulation of those lists, just listening to what I have. 

Any ideas as to what to do besides cancelling my subscription?  It was truely like the day they charged my credit card that this started happening.  Checked internet speeds and all else is A-OK.

Thanks 

Rich  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@caninekopz I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are also having trouble with music stopping.

We believe the problem was resolved in our latest app version. Please try updating the app on your device and let us know if you continue to encounter trouble.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you continue to experience issues with this after updating, please try running through these additional troubleshooting steps for your device.

Let me know how it goes.

Larkspurss
Local Performer

I'm having this issue as well. My version is 2003.3, I've tried some of the fixes listed (my Pandora is not waiting to update, appears to be saved on my system memory, etc). Only seems to close when I'm using other apps, so I deleted some apps from my phone and it doesn't seem to be a RAM issue as the problem persisted.

This has been going on for about a week now. Let me know if there's anything I can do and if you have any questions for me.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Larkspurss. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this issue.

Could you provide the following info?

• Model: Galaxy A20
  • Carrier:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and I can share this with engineering. Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Larkspurss
Local Performer

Hi, Alyssa. Thanks for reaching out.

Model: Galaxy Note9

Carrier: Verizon

Android Version: 10

It happens when I am both on cellular data and wi-fi, unfortunately.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Larkspurss Thanks so much for the information.

I added this a ticket for an issue we're currently investigating. Rest assured, we're looking into this to understand what's going on so we can fix it.

Appreciate your help and patience! 

0 Kudos

shellshell
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue. I have a galaxy note 9 and my pandora app just keeps stopping conpletely like the app crashes . I will be listening to a song 1 min and a couple seconds in and app will stop and when i go back to it its starting over. Ive tried everything listed only thing is i cannot change it from being under optimized on my battery setting it wont let me .

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @shellshell. 👋

Sorry about that! Another option to try is to make sure that Pandora is set to "off" for your Sleeping Apps.

• You can access this setting in the Device Care menu.
  • Click on Battery, and then, click on More options.
  • Click on Settings > Sleeping Apps
  • From your Sleeping Apps, you should be able to long press Pandora.  Once you're able to view the App Usage for Pandora, you'll want to make sure that the put app to sleep button is toggled to the OFF setting.

++

If you still have trouble, could you provide the following info?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora Version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Let me know, and I can report this.

0 Kudos

jryannaccone
Local Performer

I am having same problem, sometime it stops play list and switches to another station, other times it just stops playing. I have tried the trouble shooting steps twice. The second time i restarted the phone after completing steps. 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S7  SM-G930T
  • Carrier: T-mobile but connected to WiFi
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 8.0.0
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):R16NW.G930TUVSBCTA2
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):December 1, 2019
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2004.1

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jryannaccone. 👋

Thanks so much for providing the requested information. This is extremely helpful for when our engineers to diagnose and fix issues for listeners.

I moved your post over to this thread as it's a newer thread for any issues post update 2002.2. 

I've shared your experience and information with our engineering team.

Appreciate your patience while we work on this!