cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting through Samsung Multiroom app

Kagrzesiak
Local Performer

I have a set of Samsung wifi speakers throughout my house. I have used them for years to play Pandora through the Samsung Multiroom app. Suddenly I can no longer connect to Pandora through that app. It tells me that there is no internet connection but that is not the case. I still have an internet connection and I know that the speakers are correctly set up to the wifi network because I can play music that I have stored locally on my phone. Is this a connection problem between the Samsung Multiroom app and Pandora?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

Kagrzesiak
Local Performer

It was back to working normally today. I didn't do anything differently. Really strange. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kagrzesiak

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry you had some trouble.

Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues. 

Enjoy the tunes 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

collierminerich
Underground

I'm having the same issue today out of nowhere, I tried to sign in/out of Pandora, even deleted and re-downloaded the app still getting the "Unable to play this track" error??

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @collierminerich. 👋

Just to confirm - are you receiving this "Unable to play this track" error message on the Samsung Multiroom app? Or the Pandora app itself?

Also, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. You can find out more about this by visiting the support page for this device.

If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Let me know how it goes.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

collierminerich
Underground

in the Samsung app

everything is updated

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@collierminerich 

I would recommend trying a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  •  Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app after restarting (after rebooting the modem/router).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Feel free to let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

collierminerich
Underground

Pandora works fine on its own

MultiRoom works fine for everything BUT Pandora

I rebooted everything

Now when i try Pandora in MultiRoom it says "Could not identify your device ID"?

any ideas?

0 Kudos

BreenX
Diamond in the Rough

I know if you go to settings within the Multiroom app, you can sign out and then back into Pandora . . . maaaaaaaaaaaaybe that would help . . . . ?

0 Kudos

collierminerich
Underground

My Samsung MultiRoom App stops playing music overnight. I play some soft spa like relaxing music to fall asleep. It stops every night by 3or4am for no good reason. It will play all day long during work hours though. Is this a sleep function or something i dont know about? Or how can i stop this from happening? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @collierminerich. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Based on your message, it sounds like you're encountering the timeout message when this happens at night. Do you receive an "Are you still listening...?" message? You may not receive this during the day as you may interact with the app more at that time.

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs. Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away. 🎧

0 Kudos

collierminerich
Underground

I do not interact with the app at all during the day.

There is no "Are you still listening?” Message either 

Remember this is in the Samsung MultiRoom App NOT in Pandora App

garybly
Local Performer

Maybe you should ask this question in the Samsung forum

0 Kudos