cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Offline content with new mobile device

Dabearman85
Local Performer

I am getting ready to get a new phone. Everytime I do so I lose all of my downloaded music.  Is there anyway to keep all my downloaded music amd transfer to my new phone without having to go and redo hundreds of songs ? 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Dabearman85! Welcome to community!

The tracks you download for offline listening live within the Pandora app on your device. If you switch devices or purchase a new device, you'll have to re-download any offline content you'd like to listen to on the new device. It's not possible to transfer your offline music collection to another device. 

The best way to get ideas or feedback like this heard is by submitting a feature request on the Pandora Community. There you can search and vote for current feature requests, or submit a new one. 

To learn about the process, check out Community's How Do Requests Become Features? article.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

HomicidalHugz
Local Performer

So I was looking through the Q&A and I tried to sign out and sign back in to my account on my new device but it didn't transfer my pandora stations or downloaded songs. It shows the downloaded songs but when I go offline mode it only shows the 12 songs that I searched and downloaded. I have access on my old device and everything is perfect on my old device but none of that data/memory of my searches or collections crossed over.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @HomicidalHugz. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Offline content with new mobile device

Your offline tunes are device-specific. This also means with Pandora Premium, you would need to manually download your offline content again on your new device. 

For offline downloading, I would recommend leaving the Pandora app open (in the foreground) while plugged into a power source. I would also wait for albums and playlists before moving to the next one. Larger playlists can slow down the download process.

If you're interested in having your downloads automatically restored, I would recommend checking out this idea. You can upvote this request by clicking on the  💙 icon next to the title.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos