cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora App Crashing / Shutting Down

FiveSixJuan
Local Performer

Pandora will play for like 30 seconds and shut down. I reboot it and it does the same thing. I can't even go through one whole song. I'm currently at work , bored from the silence.  Send help, plz.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies

deecutie6
Local Performer
Version 1910.2, my app on my Android phone will open for about a second then immediately close and not work at all. I've uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, waited about a week to see if another update came out resolving the issue and nothing. Any ideas what else I can do? I'm currently a paying member and i'm thinking of canceling my membership if this doesn't get fixed, don't want to pay for something I can't use.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @FiveSixJuan - thanks for your post!

Hey, @deecutie6 - I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you both are experiencing the app crashing when you attempt to listen from your Android devices.

Please run through the troubleshooting steps listed in this helpful article to see if it helps with the crashing.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

elizhdavidson
Local Performer

Not sure how to go about emailing Pandora that for at least the last week the app keeps quitting on me. It got so bad that I deleted and reinstalled but now it wont even open properly before it closes. Im going to have to cancel my premium account if it doesnt get fixed but I really love using it

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I moved your post here to keep the community organized.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well, @elizhdavidson.

Please check out my message above to see if the troubleshooting steps help.

Let me know how it goes.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

deecutie6
Local Performer
So I was able to open the app after doing this, but it plays a song for about 30 seconds, pauses then closes out. Not sure where I can go from here, any more suggestions?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@deecutie6 I can report the crashing issue to our engineering team directly.

For those still having trouble after running through our troubleshooting steps, please provide the following:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

@elizhdavidson I found some crashes on our backend from your app in the 1909.2 release.  Is that the release you are still on? I ask because that crash was fixed in 1910.1.  If you are on 1909.2, updating the app should fix your issue. If not, we'll keep digging.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

deecutie6
Local Performer
I am on 1910.2, how would I go about updating my App? Once I'm in the "app info' there really isn't a clear path on an update. Should I go into the App Store and request that version?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@deecutie6 Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

0 Kudos

TmacPandora

I think your issue is different than @elizhdavidson's @deecutie6. 1910.2 is the latest. Sorry for the bug.  We're investigating it.

0 Kudos

deecutie6
Local Performer

So I went in and did this and it does not show any updates for Pandora. Is there a way to manually process the update?

0 Kudos

TmacPandora

You could help us a great deal @deecutie6 if you could capture a bug report for us.  We haven't been able to reproduce the issue in the office yet and would love more info on it. Here are the steps on how to get that. https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

JaredSears23
Local Performer

I can only listen to a song for about 30 seconds then the pandora app stops working and I have to close app and reopen it and it does the same thing over and over, I've tried restarting my phone and re downloading the app with no success on fixing the problem 

0 Kudos

sundaysinjuly
Diamond in the Rough

@JaredSears23  have you tried the steps posted here?  sounds like it may be related to what you're experiencing:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Android/11-26-2019-Music-stops-without-any-error-messages-on-Samsun...

0 Kudos

Bigdaddy3k
Local Performer

Motorola Moto Z2
Verizon
Android 9
PCX29.159-21
No Security Patch number shown on device.
Pandora Version 1911.2
Occures durring 4G and wifi connection

App just shuts down randomly. Sometimes it will play 2 or 3 songs. Other times half a song and then shuts down.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bigdaddy3k Sorry for the continued trouble.

It sounds like you've already run through these steps to troubleshoot.

I've gone ahead and reported your info over to our engineering team for further review.

Thanks for your patience while they look into this! 🎧

Heblair12
Local Performer

My music will play for about 30 seconds after I go out of the app and then it stops. It's really starting to get on my nerves and I've tried updating it but it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos

Bigdaddy3k
Local Performer

Thanks. Yes, I have done all of the Android troubleshooting steps.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @Bigdaddy3k.

Are you able to update to the newest version of the app (1912.1) on your Android?

If so, I would recommend trying that. 

Let me know if you're able to do so, and whether it helps!

0 Kudos