cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora switches to Offline Mode when leaving Wifi

LincolnHyde
Local Performer

I have a similar problem on my Galaxy S8+. I notice especially when I'm leaving WiFi coverage, it will switch to the downloaded channel rather than waiting for Data coverage. Also, when I start a new app (with or without sound), Android seems to randomly kill all open apps except the one I just opened. Battery optimization is turned off, but Android seems to override everything.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LincolnHyde I created a separate post for you in the Android space since you are experiencing a different issue.

Pandora switching to downloaded stations when leaving WiFi:

This is actually intended - when losing internet service, Pandora will automatically move you over to one of your downloaded stations.

If you would prefer to have a prompt or option to switch to Offline Mode when losing service rather than it automatically happening, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.  

Android over-riding your apps:

Can you please provide a little more information about what is happening here?

To clarify, is the issue that when you are playing music on Pandora and navigate to another app on your device, the music stops?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LincolnHyde
Local Performer

The short answer is yes - however, it's not necessarily immediate. I would be listening while using Waze to navigate, then open another app and I see that all apps except the new one have been purged.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LincolnHyde Thanks for following up.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed on our help site to see if it resolves this.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos