cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback stops after every song

JPoFresh
Local Performer

Hi all. I have a strange problem with the Pandora app since recently purchasing a OnePlus 8T Android phone. It works OK initially and will play the first song of a playlist/album in it's entirety, however, at the end of the song playback stops. What I've discovered is that the song keeps playing on the app but without the device playing the audio, so when I open the app to see what's wrong, audio playback picks up 30 seconds into the song or however far it got before I opened the app. The only way to prevent this is to start playing an album/playlist, and then leaving the Pandora app maximized on the screen. If I start a song playing, and then press the home button to get back to the home screen, or open another app, and then turn off the screen, the Pandora app will always stop transmitting audio after the current song (but keep working through the album/playlist in the background without me being able to hear the sound). 

I can't find any reported examples of this error so I have no idea how to fix it. I tried changing the battery setting for Pandora to 'Don't optimize' but it didn't help. Other media apps on my phone (e.g. AIMP) do not have the same problem.

I'm using the latest version of the Pandora app (2012.1), and my phone is running Android 11 (Oxygen OS build 11.0.6.8.KB05AA).

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPoFresh
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa

Thanks for responding! Reading through that other thread, this isn't the same error. I never see an error message. However, I've run through those Android troubleshooting steps and for some reason, some combination of clearing the app data and lowering the audio quality seems to have worked and the problem is resolved!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @JPoFresh. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on about this. I have received reports from listeners using OxygenOS on the OnePlus devices. Feel free to check out this thread here: "Waiting for Connection" Error Update 2012.1 

Have you received any error messages when this happens?

If so, what exactly does it say?

In the meantime, you may find these Android troubleshooting steps helpful, if you haven't run through them already.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

JPoFresh
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa

Thanks for responding! Reading through that other thread, this isn't the same error. I never see an error message. However, I've run through those Android troubleshooting steps and for some reason, some combination of clearing the app data and lowering the audio quality seems to have worked and the problem is resolved!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JPoFresh Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos