cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing an album shuts off after 10 minutes

Longboard120
Local Performer

After watching their ad and starting an album it after 10 minutes or so just shuts off. It makes you listen to another ad to restart. It also happens at about the same amount of time if it's been paused. I'm pretty sure this is just so they can force you to watch more ads and generate more revenue. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Longboard120. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback about this.

Sounds like you're enabling complimentary sessions of Premium.

There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

If you want more information about a longer Premium trial, feel free let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Longboard120
Local Performer

That would be a reasonable excuse, except the whole ad at the beginning that says if you listen to one ad you can listen to the album. There is no mention that it will randomly stop... 

Screenshot_20200619-095827_Pandora.jpg

 I don't see anything about a time limit there... do you? It says that if you listen to an ad you will listen to the album... no mention that it will randomly shut off and you will beef top listen to another ad... that then makes it just like the free service, doesn't it? I would be fine if it said that but it doesn't it implies that I can listen to the whole album. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Longboard120

The average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate as this is something that is actively being tested.

Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person. If you're hitting a limit, this could also mean that you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback.

In the meantime, you can see if you're eligible for longer trials or upgrade to Pandora Premium by visiting pandora.com/upgrade

You can also find out more about how Premium sessions work here.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Longboard120
Local Performer

I understand that and that is indeed reasonable. However, they need to disclose that at the introductory ad to the service. By not doing so they are not delivering what they are implying by the ad. This is the first time and day I have used this feature and based on this i dont know if i want to continue using this app. 

0 Kudos