cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast Won't Play / Skips Through

Kmwebb98
Local Performer

I've been trying to play podcasts on my pandora mobile for a little while, and it just continually skips the podcasts through episodes and never plays. Ive attempted to uninstall, clear data cache, etc. As well as went through the troubleshooting guide to no avail. Ive got a galaxy s8 active

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
35 Replies

Nikice95
Underground

It happens with any podcast. I can listen to any music, album, station without any issues. No error messages, I click my podcast and it says buffering at the bottom and then skips to the next one and does the same thing all over again. I let it run through about 6 episodes before I realized there was a problem.

I'm currently using pandora right now to listen to music and having no issues but as soon as I try to switch to a podcast it does it again. I've tried clearing the apps data, restarting the app, restarting my phone, trying different wifi. None of it is working to fix the issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nikice95 Would you mind providing the name of one or two of the podcasts you've noticed this with?

Also, could you provide more details about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know, and I'll create an internal ticket for our engineering team to look into.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Nikice95
Underground

I listen to 'The Dave Ramsey Show'. I did just check other podcasts and some seem to be working now but not all. It is still doing it with the Joyce Meyer Radio Show as well which was a random one I checked early to see if it was all podcasts or not. 

Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+

Carrier: Verizon

Android Version: SM-G975U

Pandora Version: 2009.2

I only use Wi-Fi and an internet puck I have. I don't have any cellular data.

I haven't noted anything else, this only just started happening this morning, and like I said my music doesn't seem to be affected. The app worked completely normal yesterday. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for getting back to me with this information, @Nikice95. Very helpful.

I'll share this with the appropriate party, and follow up when I have more details. If you notice anything else, please let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Mikerigg86
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue as OP to the same podcast. Dave Ramsey podcast non-stop buffering and switching episodes.

Phone - Galaxy S8, SM-G950U 

Carrier - Verizon

Android Version - 9

Pandora Version - 2009.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Mikerigg86. 👋

Thanks so much for providing those details. I've shared this information with our engineering team so that they can investigate.

If you notice this issue with any other podcasts, please let me know and I can update the internal ticket we have open with our Android engineers.

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Myname
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. No podcasts will play!! Tried about 10 different podcasts. Songs play just fine. Galaxy S9+ most update version of pandora. Any help???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Myname Please try running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, can you please let me know the name of one of the podcasts that are buffering/skipping when you attempt to play it?

Also, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Galaxy S9+
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (please look up the specific version number that shows in the app):
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Sparky7200
Local Performer

Every station but Mike Rowe's podcast works..the last 2 weeks when i play latest episode it just starts cycling backwards through the episodes, never fully loading or playing anything. ???? Same on my wife phone, and she has a paid subscription

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Sparky7200. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Podcast Won't Play / Skips Through

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account just in case we need to share this with our engineering team. Would you mind running through the standard troubleshooting steps here?

++

If this issue stills occurs after troubleshooting, please provide the following details below so that I can report this over to our engineers on your behalf.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

seanm11
Local Performer

Podcasts in question:geration why

Phone model lg stylo 6

Carrier metro by t rmobile

Pandora version:2107.1

Issues:podcast wont play skips till it fails episode 372 373 and 374 wont play but 375 does

Update:seems all episodes before 375 dont wabt to play

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @seanm11. 👋

Thanks so much for providing your device info - very helpful. Let's try some troubleshooting to see if this resolves the issue.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes and whether those episodes continue to skip / not play. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

Todd311
Local Performer

This worked perfectly for me, you need to tell Pandora you a listening from your "watch" and not your phone.  Podcast for me work like this... you can not directly download it to your watch like you can with spotify... at least I don't think so.  I will go to a podcast I like in Pandora, and select the "Collected" button.  A green check mark lights up.  When you go to your phone... it will be there....  you can also play them without doing so... when I say play, I mean streaming them.  The "collected" button just makes it easy to find if you have many.  After you are doing playing it... you can uncheck the selected button and the podcast will go away from that grouping.

0 Kudos

Todd311
Local Performer

Sometimes if you have your phone and watch on at the same time, the Bluetooth will change back to your phone as the two fight over controls sometime... it will also occasionally change where you are listening from.... IE your watch will change for listening on the watch to listening on the phone.  If either of these issues occur with me... the blue tooth changing back to the phone... or etc... it will stop and pause playback.  This what has happened to me and caused a similar issue until I stumbled across the fix... hope this may help others as well. 

Lolaby2
Local Performer

I have the same issue but only for some random podcasts. Its like it trys loading the podcast, decides it cant find it, then skips to the next. I have to force shut down the app when I pick the wrong podcast because of it. You cant just swap to a different podcast because every time it skips to the next it auto pulls up the episode page preventing you from stopping the cycle.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Lolaby2. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. Sorry to hear that is happening during your listening sessions.

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying out these steps.

++

If you continue to have trouble, I can share this with our engineering team. I'll need the following info to share: 

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos