cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

AndrewG
Local Performer

Version 2308.1 (android-tuner 23081005) it happened at 0500 and 0700 09/16/2023

0 Kudos

Yellyd2010
Underground

I don't see any troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos

Kypdr1971
Local Performer

Android 13

Pandora version 2308.1

About 5 times this week it randomly turned on.  Last time was 9-16-23 @ 9:20 am CDT

Karenrocks138
Underground

Hello, same thing happening to me upon each restart. 

Your device model: Galaxy A32 5G

Carrier: TMobile

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 13

Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2308.1

The approximate date / time this occurred: 9/16/23 @ 10:00 AM ET

0 Kudos

babytraytray
Opening Act

This happened again to me and my husband, we just keep the volume down and our phones on silent to not have the music blaring. I put the phone specs and app information in an earlier post

0 Kudos

Bandit1792
Local Performer

I have an android,  my version is 2308.1 and auto start has been happening for a week now.  I can't stop it - WHY?

0 Kudos

rfowler
Local Performer

Same as everyone else; I got Nice Inch Nails at 1 AM. I would get random playing after pausing for months, but now it will come on even without the ap open.

Get. This. Fixed. 

I'm on a pixel 4a with android 13 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Yellyd2010 The standard troubleshooting steps can be found here: Android Troubleshooting

Additional Device Details we need as well:

• Your device model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • The approximate date / time this occurred 

Thanks again for working with me on this.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karenrocks138 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

What do you mean by each restart?

Does Pandora randomly start playing music on its own without you actually ever launching the app?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

Gman1975
Underground

Just so you know, the standard troubleshooting steps for Android don't apply to this issue.  It is clearly a catastrophic bug in your app.  Please stop responding to people with these steps as it just clutters up the messages.  Also, don't mark messages as solved since they aren't.  I know it is wishful thinking on your part to falsely let people know that this is a solution when there isn't.  How about responding with an update on your developers progress on fixing this bug?  It should be fixed ASAP before all of us just uninstall the app and use Amazon or Spotify instead.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Clueless support.  Yes, your app launches on any restart of our phones or when it is powered off and back on.  No launching of the app, it just starts playing by itself.  Unless you do a force stop on the application in settings, it will randomly just play by itself several times a day.  Even if you you close the app and background process, it starts itself.  If you do a force stop, it goes away until the next restart or valid opening of the app.  It really screws up Android Auto as well since it kick-starts it again to auto launch after you leave the car.  So, you have to do a force stop every time you are in and out of the car.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
mod edit: merged comments

bplet
Local Performer

Folks.... ignore the troubleshooting link they keep posting. Just TURN OFF AUTO-START

In the app, click "Profile", click gear icon, click "Advanced", and un-check "Auto-Start".  I've had no instances of it playing out of nowhere since doing this.

0 Kudos

babytraytray
Opening Act

I did that the other day, it still is opens on my phone regardless. It is on the dropdown menu as a permanent running app. I had the same issue with Audible a few months ago, they kept making it seem like the issue was my phone and suggestion similar troubleshooting that didn't help. I ended up just not using the service anymore since they didn't want to help come up with a real solution. 

chamcham
Local Performer

I will be canceling my subscription of this is not remedied soon.

I am having this issue and not freak'n pleased.

0 Kudos

angieswensen
Local Performer

Same for me as well.   Just started happening out of the blue.   Samsung galaxy s22 ultra.   Version 2308.1.  Plays without even opening the app.

Keè
Local Performer

We have a Military Subscription plan, why every since, our Samsung Ultra S23 device received the new update. Our Pandora just automatically starts playing without pressing the app to start playing music? Is this a glitch in the Pandora system or is there something I need to do about it? Someone please advise. 

Thanks you! 🙂

PJG
Underground

I did the trouble shooting steps and it did not work. So, I tried to do what bplet suggested for turning off the auto-start. I followed the directions to Advanced. However, there is no auto-start to check or uncheck. So, that didn't work either since it is seems to be missing that option.

Gman1975
Underground

Yes, removed in the last update, especially if you use Android Auto.

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Android/Android-Pandora-Starts-Playing-After-Being-Closed/td-p/1347...

No solution yet.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Kudos

Karenrocks138
Underground

I don't mind Pandora auto starting when I am the one to manually open the app. What I do mind is the app itself always running. 

@AdamPandora it's the same issue everyone else is having. Every time I restart my phone, the Pandora app automatically launches. I want to choose when I want to open the app, I don't want it to be launched automatically. 

PepNYC
Local Performer

Same problem. Restart the phone and pandora starts playing. I do not have an auto start option in the advanced section of the settings. Very annoying. Please fix!

Samsung Galaxy s22 

Android v13

Metalion1111
Local Performer

Yep pandora is messed up. I'm using galaxy s22 ultra. And the app will randomly come on. Even in sleep mode on the middle of the night. I am going to try force stop. If it happens again I'm going to uninstall it. It's very bad bug to do this at any moment it's happening about once a day now