cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

MusicFan7635
Local Performer

So deleting the app and migrating away from pandora is the only way to make it stop launching on its own?

Fire your software engineers.

0 Kudos

Noneyah
Underground

That's interesting. What device are you on? I haven't had any problems until this. I'm on Samsung S22 Ultra. 

I'm wondering if I just never use it enough to notice or if you have other issues in addition to this one but they are for separate reasons. 🤔

0 Kudos

chynalemay
Underground

Yep, my new Samsung Galaxy a14 5g purchased this week and Pandora still "auto starts" whenever the phone restarts...Not the premium but, the "Free version". Seems to way to stop this STILL???

chynalemay
Underground

as of today, STILL NOT FIXED! my new Galaxy A14 5g phone purchased this week, all updates" current: Free Pandora "auto starts" whenever my phone restarts and there appears NO way to stop it? And this has been going on how long w/o resolution??

0 Kudos

Marsgirl2
Local Performer
For me, it's been about 3 months. I've uninstalled Pandora and moved on to
iHeart Radio
0 Kudos

TLORDON
Local Performer

Yeah I'm about to uninstall Pandora too this is freaking ridiculous if you have it an update that you push that causes this issue you need to immediately revert back to the old software version and allow the Play Store to roll back this is 100% unacceptable and you think you going to get me to pay for services I don't think so

Fpbrown
Local Performer

To stop this till Pandora fix the issue, I have put the app on Deep Sleep which stops it from playing in the background (autostart)

Power23
Local Performer

I uninstalled today. Totally unacceptable application performance. It's like having an alarm clock go off at random times.

0 Kudos

bbrummer
Local Performer

Just here to +MeToo.  The app is completely, totally closed.  Still randomly starts up and plays every now and then.  I haven't found a correlation.  If there's anything I can send or do to help diagnose the issue (debug details, run a beta version, etc), I'd be happy to.

I do find it odd this thread is marked "Solved" however, when it clearly is still an open issue.  I'm writing this post just moments after it went off on its own again.

chynalemay
Underground

I'm gonna try to put Pandora (Free) into "deep sleep" in hope that solves the issue "auto play upon restart) but, I'm not convinced after reading months (years) of unsolved comments that are here!

0 Kudos

LadySilence
Underground

It's flagged "solved" specifically so that the moderator updates show up on the front page when someone first clicks on the topic:

"*Please note:This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team."

chynalemay
Underground
question being: "when?????"
0 Kudos

shipimmediately
Local Performer

...yes... but if you have Android you can install any older version to fix the problem.

There is zero excuse for STILL having this version in the app store, instead of the old one that doesn't have this massive bug.

Duckyellow
Local Performer

Same problem...woken up in the middle of the night while the phone is on the charger. App was closed and hadn't been used for several days.

Mstorn2
Underground

Hi Adam,

I'm having the same issue with my Android phone. Sometimes it starts up twice in the middle of the night. Freaked me out the first time since it was set to Halloween music.

Also, when I want Pandora to work during the day when I'm actually awake the "P" will pulsate forever (off/on issue). This happened previously and it took weeks for a tech to admit this was a glitch on Pandora's part after putting me through purgatory thinking it was my phone. You know, try this & try that.

Please figured this out soon and apply a "Fix" update.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

momcat1
Underground

There is no enable auto start setting

0 Kudos

PAW5
Local Performer

Please fix this.  I love Pandora, however it's going off at 2 am in the morning and I'm getting very frustrated.  I've restarted my phone, all updates, and it's still doing this.  It does it after I restart my phone and the app isn't even open, but it's playing music.  It makes it very hard to shut off at 2am when you're sound asleep and wake up to music blasting with your heart pumping.  I don't need an alarm at 2am.  Please fix it!

0 Kudos

68CaliGypsy
Local Performer

I have seen other users complain of this, as well as Pandora responding that 'engineers' are working on the issue. Just want to add that it is NOT just with entering a room or vehicle with a Bluetooth device that I have previously connected to. For the last couple nights, even with my volume on silent (through the settings app on my phone) Pandora has woken me up out of a dead sleep playing music at an extremely loud volume??? Scared me, FR. At this point I may just permanently delete the app. I've uninstalled and installed multiple times. I also have an ongoing issue with the app playing tracks, when in shuffle station mode, from artists/stations I've deleted. I currently only have 3 stations, in shuffle, though, Pandora will play music from artists clearly NOT on my list....??

Rogue73k
Local Performer

Happens around 0300 ET. (Removed the app for now, awaiting update and resolution)

• Your device model:  Galaxy S10 (SM-G973U1)
  • Carrier:  Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):  12
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):  2308.1
  • The approximate date / time this occurred:  9-26-2023 @ 0300 EDT

smb1066
Local Performer

Yup, both my husband and I have android phones and have been randomly woken up by Pandora playing in the middle of the night. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when it starts playing or what it even plays. I have to do a force stop to get it to shut up.

0 Kudos