cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

Srzvb
Local Performer

I finally gave up tonight and deleted App. Going to be a pain to switch but I’m tired of it turning on by itself, waking me up, and/or draining my battery. Done with it.  Junk app. 

Labels (1)
367 Replies

LP3
Local Performer

I had to delete my app today as well. This has happened to me 3 times at work now.

0 Kudos

Symbro
Local Performer

Looks like an update got us all. Mine has been doing the same thing.

Last night it woke me up with music after Ive been asleep for an hour.

Also, I am constantly having to close the program. "auto paused blah blah blah". 
This has been happening about a week.

0 Kudos

samarac
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, and it is affecting my amazon echo communication, it affects me listening to my voicemail by blocking it until I turn off the phone and restart it. Then Pandora comes back on even though I closed it. This is very frustrating. I even uninstalled Pandora and cleared the cache and the data and it still continued to cause issues daily. I have an S22 ultra

0 Kudos

mbywaletz
Local Performer

I have been having the same problem which just started randomly. I don't have premium and don't see AutoPlay in the Advanced screen on my phone.

Hopply
Local Performer

Me too. I am so pissed. Keeps auto starting on its own. Been a customer for years. Autostarted today during my daughters funeral. I hate this app. Way to go on them for enforcing their usage hope they burn in hell

Srkishy
Local Performer

Had to delete the app last night after two nights in a row of this in the middle of the night.

0 Kudos

NormHardy33
Local Performer

On my Galaxy S23, Pandora starts up automatically but doesn't have an easy way to shut off in the app.  If I say "ok Google" and "close pandora app" that sometimes works.  

I uninstalled the app.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @mbywaletz @Mstorn2 👋

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I understand how frustrating this has been.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread where we've been gathering reports in the Pandora Community: Android: Pandora Starts Playing After Being Closed

You can find the recent status updates in the accepted solution. Thanks for your patience while our team works on a fix. 🤝

*Please note: The Accepted as a Solution for this thread is meant to flag the current steps and/or status of this issue. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (05.27.24)
0 Kudos

Romant1cAnge1
Underground

All this started for me over 2yrs ago after updates on my phone on my old phone and carrier. I got new phone and changed carriers and problem persisted to happen. Then after newest phone update this year (2023) it started randomly turning it on any time even after not using pandora for days, weeks, or months. And it also started turning it on without opening the app, when before it would open the app up and play. 

I had Verizon before and now tmobile. 

0 Kudos

GDr77
Local Performer

Same for me.  This has been happening since last update on my Verixon Galaxy S23 Ultra. Just woke me and my wife up when my phone went through it's nightly autorestart I have set.  I closed the app and put the phone back on the nightstand to have it open and start playing again within 3 minutes.  Mad sleepy wife is not nice. While typing this it started a third time.  I even have DND on and had turned media volume all the way down and yet it launched and plays at full volume. After informing my wife of what's going on I'm having to uninstall the app to make sure it doesn't happen yet again.  Please fix. 

0 Kudos

Mstorn2
Underground

Mine started with my S10 and now my S23. Like you, Pandora will start playing when the app is not open and it can be several days since I last used it. It's always in the middle of the night for me, which of course
wakes me up. Sure hope they send out a fix for Android. 

Your post describes exactly what is happening with my S23 Ultra. The only difference is I'm the not so nice mad, sleepy wife. I've said cuss words I didn't even know I knew. lol

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

Mstorn2
Underground

Thank you, Alyssa. I appreciate the update.

Fwire
Local Performer

I have this issue as well on my android phone.  Pandora starts in the VERY early morning hours.  It's start seemed to coincide with a nautomatic android update, but I  might be reading too much into it. 

Que317
Local Performer

There needs to be an update because this is annoying. Music automatically play after I start my phone up every morning. 

0 Kudos

Longhaultrucker
Underground

After I went into settings and brought up the pandora app., and in notifications,  switch it to silent, my phone stopped playing in on its own in the middle of the night. I also make sure, on the lock screen, if there is a pandora song, waiting on hold, I swipe that off the screen. So far, so good.

When you put notification on silent, it removes the pop ups. I think that helps alot.

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

warbler248
Local Performer

I cancelled my subscription and switched to Spotify. I'm enjoying it much more so far! No more irritating glitches.

0 Kudos

Scrombomb
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my Samsung galaxy s23 ultra. I will shut down and clear it from back ground and it will open and start playing again at random times. I too am about to Uninstall and I pay for the upgraded ad free version. 

ChristopherNA34
Local Performer

Deleting the app too. Pandora is constantly launching and playing on my device. Even after disabling auto start

0 Kudos

Longhaultrucker
Underground

Don't know if you saw my recent post. I too have a S23. Had the same problem,  but it all stopped when I went into app settings to pandora,  went to notifications and turn alerts to silent.  This automatically turns off pop ups. I also, on the screen lock, if I see pandora music on pause, ready to play, I swipe that off the screen.  Haven't had a problem sence. Try that, and good luck.

0 Kudos

Orangestar616
Underground

Thank you. I actually signed out of my account on the app the other day and that has worked for me. If folks sign out of Pandora that should work for them too, of course we have to remember our passwords to sign back in 🙂