cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Remove podcasts from collection

cgilley
Underground

I tolerate pandora on my phone, and I'll eat ads to support my free subscription. But with a recent update (no idea when - my phone auto updates), Pandora has decided to start including podcasts of various drivel while in the middle of a playlist. A 15-30 sec add I can live with, but once it starts the podcast, I have to abort out of the playlist. Please tell me the secret for turning this "feature" off. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cgilley
Underground

mjr - Pandora support sent me an email.  I'm testing their "fix".  Phone -> settings -> App Data -> pandora -> clear data.

I'm testing it now, I'll follow up if it works.

My issue was that after 2 songs, I'd go off into a rather pathetic podcast.... and no, I did not sign up for anything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ArreyonnaRawls. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well.

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email soon to take a deeper look at your account to see what's happening.

Thanks so much for reporting this, and for your patience during this process! 🎹

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

40 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cgilley Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you may have accidentally collected some podcasts to your colleciton.

If you'd like to remove a podcast from your mobile device:

Go to My Collection and select Podcasts. Open the podcast or episode you'd like to remove from your collection. Next, tap the highlighted check mark to the left of the play icon to remove it from your collection.

Keep me posted on if this helps. 

cgilley
Underground

I assure you, if I have a podcast, Pandora added it.  I go to my podcast list and it is empty.

I can play 2 songs then I go back to the same stupid podcast whose content is such that I would have never added it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cgilley I have confirmed with our support team that they will be sending you a message via email to the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Plese keep an eye out for their message, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

cgilley
Underground

Well thanks, I'll watch for it.... I'm sure I'm missing some setting somewhere... 

0 Kudos

mojr
Local Performer

I did this on my phone and it removed the current podcast. The Recent podcast still starts when I start Pandora. I follow the instructions you gave and it does not work. Please help me fix this.

I also want to opt out of Podcasts. I am not interested in them, don't want them on my phone, they eat the battery and there is no subject on one of Panora's podcasts that would interest me. Please fix this.

Thank you,

mjr

cgilley
Underground

mjr - Pandora support sent me an email.  I'm testing their "fix".  Phone -> settings -> App Data -> pandora -> clear data.

I'm testing it now, I'll follow up if it works.

My issue was that after 2 songs, I'd go off into a rather pathetic podcast.... and no, I did not sign up for anything.
0 Kudos

cgilley
Underground

4 songs in and no podcast.  Give it a shot.

0 Kudos

cgilley
Underground

Seems to be back to normal... 

aj99
Local Performer

I too am having this problem. I never added any podcast my podcast options are empty and i also clicked thumbs down on the podcast and i still keep getting it every 5 minutes. Please tell me how to stop ANY podcast from playing automatically. It's crude material too which I have my "explicit" option turned to off!

cgilley
Underground

Did you see what I posted below?  Tech Support's suggestion was to clear the private data for the app.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aj99 No podcast should play on its own if you've never collected it.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot/screen recording of the podcast that is appearing when attempting to stream Pandora on your device?

Thanks for your help with this. 

Samma
Local Performer

How do I delete a Podcast that I clicked on and is in my collection. I dont wish to have it in my collection?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Samma👋

If you'd like to remove a podcast from your Android device:

• Go to My Collection and select Podcasts.
  • Open the podcast or episode you'd like to remove from your collection.
  • Next, tap the highlighted check mark to the left of the play icon to remove it from your collection.

Thanks for posting on the community! 🎶

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

aj99
Local Performer

Hello. thank you for getting back to me. This was the podcast that kept showing up thumbnail.png

Oddly enough after you sent me that reply this podcast never showed up again. I have been listening to Pandora every day and it has not happened. I don't know if you did anything on your end but it was good for a while. As of two days ago THIS new podcast keeps playing

pandora.png

I was listening to Weird al and this podcast "autoplay" after a weird al song that i looked up. I did not play this podcast nor did I click on it and now it shows up ALL THE TIME. Please help me. I don't want podcast to play 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aj99 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed here.

If you continue to experience issues with this, please reach back out and let me know.

0 Kudos

ArreyonnaRawls
Local Performer

Can you help me as well? I’m having random podcasts play every time I try to scroll down my collection list. When I’ve NEVER added any podcasts to listen to... I’ve tried thumbing down, but it still happens.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ArreyonnaRawls. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well.

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch via email soon to take a deeper look at your account to see what's happening.

Thanks so much for reporting this, and for your patience during this process! 🎹

RDN
Local Performer

I have a Samsung Note 8 with most recent update. I have tried numerous suggested solutions but nothing works. There is no check mark to the left of the play icon for me to click to delete podcast stations. This procedure will work for music stations but not podcasts. Looking forward to a viable solution. Thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RDN Would it possible to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos