cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Remove podcasts from collection

cgilley
Underground

I tolerate pandora on my phone, and I'll eat ads to support my free subscription. But with a recent update (no idea when - my phone auto updates), Pandora has decided to start including podcasts of various drivel while in the middle of a playlist. A 15-30 sec add I can live with, but once it starts the podcast, I have to abort out of the playlist. Please tell me the secret for turning this "feature" off. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
40 Replies

RDN
Local Performer

Want to delete a podcast station from my Samsung Note 8 but nothing will work. Have followed normal instructions but no delete button appears. Help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RDN Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this.

Let's make sure the Pandora app is up to date on your device.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

• Open the Google Play Store app.
  • Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  • Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  • Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

*In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.*

++

Also, which podcast are you having trouble deleting?

Let me know, and I can take a look for you.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

sheripersell
Local Performer

there is No highlighted check mark. What now?

Green background. Funny Christmas songs. (with a pic of santa)

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @sheripersell. 👋

I've had someone from our User Support team check on your account for you. It doesn't appear that you've collected any podcasts at this time. There shouldn't be a podcast to remove.

++

Could you share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when this happens?

To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.

To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Let me know so that I can take a look for you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Steveb
Local Performer

It's so frustrating I cannot get rid of this podcast. There's no check mark anywhere

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Steveb. 👋

Thanks for reporting this!

Could you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also, which podcast is it?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Let me know. 🎧

befitz5
Local Performer

I've attempted to click on the button to the left of the play button, it 'removes the podcast from my collection", but it remains on my podcast list. I do not enjoy Don Lemon looking at me every time I open my podcast list and I want it removed! What can I do?

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @befitz5! Thanks for posting. 👋🏻

Sounds like this may be a caching issue. Please try the following steps to see if they help:

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

When you log back in, if the podcast is still there, can you please take a screenshot and share here. If you need help with how to take a screenshot, let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Craig5
Local Performer

Thanks so very much! A former girlfriend put all kinds of annoying podcasts on my android...GONE... she and the podcasts!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @Craig5. Sounds like you were able to delete those podcasts successfully.

Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

sgkent
Local Performer

I started getting a vulgar podcast today that I did not subscribe to nor do I want. There is no check mark or delete option on either the mobile phone or the computer. If this is how the future of Pandora is we will cancel our paid subscription today and be done with you.

0 Kudos

rasuarezhernand
Local Performer

Not seeing the highlighted mark to the left of play, so not able to delete.  Any other advice?

0 Kudos

rasuarezhernand
Local Performer

This is my view, dont see delete at all

rasuarezhernand_1-1615851284193.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting that screenshot, @rasuarezhernand.

I'm not seeing that you have any podcasts collected in order to delete one. You'll only be able to remove a podcast from your collection once you've already collected it.

To view the podcasts you've collected or to begin collecting, click on My Collection, then, click on Podcasts.

Hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

johnlane13
Local Performer

I suddenly had an unwanted podcast start playing in Pandora on my Android, with no apparent way to stop it. I went to Settings, Apps, and deleted the Pandora app, then went to Google Play Store and re-installed Pandora app.  Podcast gone.  Hopefully it won't return somehow.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, @johnlane13

If this happens again, could you please share the name of the podcast?

In the meantime, happy listening! 🎧

Ryanjinhoking
Local Performer

Can you delete the podcast for rn 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Ryanjinhoking. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

If you'd like to remove a podcast from your mobile device:

• Go to My Collection and select Podcasts.
  • Open the podcast or episode you'd like to remove from your collection.
  • Next, tap the highlighted check mark to the left of the play icon to remove it from your collection.

Hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

Dicarlo
Local Performer

There isn't a checkmark; only a + sign.  I have a Galaxy A01 mobile phone

No checkmark; only + sign.  Galaxy A01

Diane

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

dianegluhm
Local Performer

Why am I getting podcasts. So annoying. I get the app for free with ads no problem, but now all of a sudden I am getting podcasts when I open the app in my car. Can not figure out how to stop that.

Ugh

Kind regards 

Diane Gluhm

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos